Finally!

Last Updated:

1. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was going to wait until the stable version of UnRevoked came out but I got tired of waiting and now i'm a successful rooter! Time to get a ROM, what are some good ones?

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

In no particular order, these are the hottest right now.

Adrynalyne's 4th wave & Frankenrom
    SkyRaider 3
    CyanogenMod
    Virtuous
    Redemption ROM

Personally I've been using Virtuous for a couple of weeks, with a short stint on Redemption in between releases. Both of these have been fantastic.

3. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

+1 for SkyRaider.

4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I love Virtuous excellent stable ROM. I've recently flashed skyraiders vanilla'esque 3.0 and it is very well done. SO many choices. You want pure speed with bumps? Go ruby, CM, or shadow. Want stability and everything to just work + speed!? Go Virtuous and Skyraider. That's my take anyways :D

One more thing Uncommon Sense has great potential it is already very very good. You might want to give it a whirl as well when .7 comes up....soon.

5. icrazy2u

Thanks guys. I think i'm going to use the SkyRaider Vanilla ROM.

Of course when I want to get that ROM, it says "Error occurred while processing the ROM list!". I know I go under Ihtfp69. Don't wanna have to download ROM to sd. Virtuous is looking good right now.

6. chilangoblanco

chilangoblanco Well-Known Member

If you like Vanilla, give Ruby a try. It has been way stable for me. I've been running it with Launcher Pro because I hate Launcher 2, which comes with Ruby I believe. The combination of the two have been way smooth.

7. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Is BF#4 hands down the kernel to get if you are interested in increased battery life?

8. DizkoDan

It depends if you want to overclock. I'm personally seeing better battery life from Adrynalyne's Custom Kernel than I was from any of the King kernels. Not to say that they were bad by any means, as they were still better than stock.

jamor likes this.
  9. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Which custom kernel is that? The Virtuous custom kernel that (I think?) he created?

10. DizkoDan

jamor likes this.
  11. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Awesome - and flashing a Kernel doesn't change delete any settings/apps or require a cache clear correct? Just load it onto my SD card and run hboot like a p13img and watch it do everything automatically?

I just don't see the need in a ROM if I can use a Kernel to enhance battery life/control clocking as I like Sense UI the way it is after I removed all unwanted apps/widgets and have updated Adobe Flash Player.

edit:

I'm going to use directions on your site (which is nice btw)

What will I lose when wiping the Cache??

12. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Well-Known Member

I haven't done it yet, but is it easier to just install Virtuous vs removing the bloatware app by app/feature by feature?

13. DizkoDan

Install via recovery, not hboot. No data/cache wipe, though it helps to wipe dalvik-cache. Just remember to make a nandroid before installing a kernel.

14. DizkoDan

That depends on your goal. If all you want to do is remove a handful of apps, it's easy enough to do so via adb. Personally I like the additional stuff rmk has done with virtuous, and he's made some cool scripts to make it really easy to add/remove a lot of stuff.

15. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

Frankenrom all the way. I have been using his custom drinc roms since he's been putting them out and they haven't dissapointed me yet! I strongly recommend it.

16. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

It depends how good and comfortable you are at flashing ROMs.

There is a thread with all of the apps/widgets to remove and you just type the commands CMD (in JonAmericas guide) which only took me about 10 minutes including reboot and wiping Sense Cache.

Or you can buy Titanium and use "Chuck Norris mode" which is what some people did and is really fast.

17. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

What will I lose on a dalvik-cache wipe?

18. icrazy2u

How do I get back to regular rooted Froyo? Might try Virtuous now, I want my HTC clock widget and youtube widget.

19. DizkoDan

Nothing you need. Cache is just cache (data stored in memory/disk for faster access). It's just the cache for the Java VM. You'll notice when you clear it that your boot takes longer than usual, this is because it's rebuilding the cache with fresh data.

jamor likes this.
  20. DizkoDan

Restore your nandroid of your "regular rooted froyo".