Find an accessory? Post it here!Tips

Last Updated:

1. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Post any links to accessories you find here please.:)

User pics/opinions of your accessory encouraged.:D

Advertisement
    johnlgalt and skyrider2 like this.
  2. sporttrac986

sporttrac986 Well-Known Member

I read on numerous sites that have reviewed the Infinity and they stated the Prime docking station could be used with the Infinity Pad.
    But, on the ASUS website it states the Infinity docking station can be used with the Prime, but not the reverse.
    Can anyone substantiate which is correct?
  3. pos

pos New Member

All but one of the reviews/unboxing articles/videos I've seen indicate that there is no new Infinity TF700T specific docking keyboard. It is the exact same keyboard as the Prime, including the model number.

The one exception was the early (mid June) Ritchie's Room unboxing that had a box with both the tablet and the docking keyboard together; I haven't seen this anywhere else so I'm guessing it's either just the way some of the pre-release units were sent or is specific to the Australia market.
  4. sporttrac986

pos,
    I think you misunderstood my question.
    Will the Transformer Prime docking station work with the Infinity?
  5. pos

pos New Member

Only if the 'Prime docking station' you are asking about is not the keyboard dock but some other product that is hiding from my web searches. :)
  6. sporttrac986

It is the genuine Keyboard Dock from ASUS for the TF201 Transformer Prime.
    I just don't understand why they are stating on their website that it is not compatible.
    Have you gone to the ASUS website and looked at their technical specs of the TF700 Infinity?
  7. RealtyPro7

RealtyPro7 Active Member

I have been trying to confirm that myself and emailed Asus. Also asked if the External USB Adapter and Card Reader currently out are designed to work without any problems even though the Infinity is not listed as a compatible device. I think considering the little "problems" that have followed the Prime, and the slight difference in thickness, I will wait until a Keyboard Dock with a diff model number that actually says "for the TF700T" on the box hits the shelf. I will post here if they ever reply. I think I made it clear in my email to ASUS that I don't just want to know if these accessories will work on the Infinity, I want to know if they are the only ones available and if others specifically designed for the new tablet are about to follow.

* Keep in mind that with the death of the Prime, they may push to try to unload as many of the old Keyboard Docks at full price before letting any hit the stores that were actually built new for the Infinity.

Maybe it is being picky, but for the same price, working with the Infinity and being designed for the Infinity are not the same in my experience with ASUS and other computer related companies/products. And taking time to go return things (like my Prime) really pisses me off...
    sporttrac986 likes this.
  8. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

Are there any Zagg screen protectors for the Infinity yet? I know it's got Gorilla Glass 2, but I like the added protection anyhow.
  9. Diggers1300

Diggers1300 Member

Yes there is.

Retail price $29.99

Just picked up one today at Best Buy.
    Now it is awaiting a tablet to be installed on should be here Tuesday! :D

Oh and the model number on the dock that I ordered seems to be specific for the Infinity:

SKU: ASTF700TDCKG MFR: TF700T-DOCK-GR

We'll see...
  10. lfreng

lfreng New Member

being that the 700t is so new anyone know of a good anti glare film? I do a lot of outdoor work and this is going to be a must. I have one guy that posted these pics of a great anti-glare for the 700t but have not heard back from him as to who makes it. here is the link with side by side pics. Fighting Tablet Glare- Apex - Appraisers Forum

Let me know if you know of a quality anti-glare film for the 700t!
  11. lfreng

lfreng New Member

being a new tablet does anyone have a good website for covers for this thing? I should be getting mine on Monday but am searching for a case/cover for it. All I am seeing is the standard cover that converts to a stand. What I am looking for is instead of a portfolio style cover is something that has either a cover with an eyelet on one end of it so I can tether it to my belt so it wont hit the ground should I drop it (using it for work) or a strap on the "binder" side of it to throw it over my shoulder. Am I going to have to go MacGyver and make my own?? could be a million dollar idea!
  12. Diggers1300

Diggers1300 Member

The Zagg InvisiShield would NOT work on my Infinity. I've never had a problem with Zagg's on anything else that I've tried them on. I had to remove it. The touch screen was useless. Am contacting Zagg to see if they have heard of this before. I no they make thinner ones for different items. Maybe that is what's needed here. Be aware so you don't blow 30 bucks like I did.
    Surelee likes this.
  13. Surelee

Surelee Member

Thanks for the tip. I was going to pick one up today. Strange it doesn't work.
  14. gmermel

gmermel Well-Known Member

No eyelet. $100!!!!

There are functionally identical covers for much less money.

I got the suede and you can tell it's very high quality leather (gotta expect that since it IS haute couture :eek:). It fits perfectly even though it is listed for the prime (power button slightly covered on one side):

Noreve : Leather cases - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices

Attached Files:

15. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

Is this available in the us? Does it require that you have a keyboard?
  16. gmermel

gmermel Well-Known Member

I live in MT. Anything but black is special order. Took about 2 weeks to make, but only 3 days to ship here. I included the shipping price @$100

Mine is for tablet only. They have a case for the tab/keyboard combination. It's a separate item.....
  17. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a link to a good anti-glare screen protector? I tried using the T700 outside but the glare is crazy!
  18. s3pwnsiphone

s3pwnsiphone Member

19. RealtyPro7

RealtyPro7 Active Member

But it does seem to bridge a gap if anyone bought the 32GB Infinity and has larger pocket size portable storage needs. If it works like the 3TB model I have (not pocket size), it can be shared by Android, Apple, Blackberry, PC and Mac. And even used as your own personal encrypted cloud. Which makes life easier!

Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n)
    USB 3.0/2.0 interface
    WPA security
    150' range allows you to stream media to up to 3 Wi-Fi-enabled devices, including Apple
  20. pacman10

pacman10 Active Member

Would be interested in an answer to this too. The screen glare/reflection of the Asus Transformer TF700T makes it very difficult to use outside.
  21. mgullick

mgullick Active Member

I was under the impression that turning on the Super IPS+ feature was supposed to boost the brightness by a substantial margin - making the tablet more useable outdoors or near a window with bright light.
  22. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

It is, and it does. :)
    However, that doesn't change the fact that the screen is highly reflective. You can get some pretty bad glare/reflections in bright light, or in a room with a window behind you.
  23. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

Are there any cases out there that are NOT leather/pleather?
  24. Apollofrost

Apollofrost Member

Seconded. I need a crash proof rubber/plastic case like I've got for my esteem. I tend to drop things.