find more live wallpapers

Last Updated:

1. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so i have asked like 20 times to no avail. I cannot find any extra live papers in the market aht people are talking aobut. for those who have what name am i looking for cause i can't find them.

Advertisement
  2. exjimenez

exjimenez Well-Known Member

i found them under apps>themes>free i also searched "live wallpapers" and they popped up that way

3. taz55

so odd, i look in apps themes free and nothing, i search live wallpapers and nothing comes up

what is the application name i am looking for?

4. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I was running BB 7.6 w/ the wallpapers added and couldn't find them. Then Pete release 7.7 w/ the wallpapers integrated into his rom, and I was then able to find them. What rom are you running?

5. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

You need to trick the market into thinking you have 2.1. If you have root explorer, you can do this by editing the build.prop file in the system file with the text editor so that instead of ro.build.sdk=6 it says ro.build.sdk=7 (third line down or so). I just did this, and now the wallpapers are showing up (although some non 2.1 apps may disappear).

6. taz55

i am running smoked glass the newest one

edit: thanks that worked like a charm

7. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Does that mean you lose access to all the 2.0.1 apps in the market?

8. taz55

doesn't look like it. I can still find the same apps i use to have that I am trying to re download. i guess 2.1 stuff would be able to be backwards compatablie. so i would expect to loose to many.

9. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

all apps have an api level requirement.

Android 2.1 -- 7
    Android 2.0 -- 6
    Android 2.0 -- 5
    Android 1.6 -- 4
    Android 1.5 -- 3
    Android 1.1 -- 2
    Android 1.0 -- 1

how it works is if you have a phone with 2.0, you can use any app with and api level of 6 or lower. most apps are built with api level 3 or 4 so they will work on most phones. since live walls are an add on to 2.1, they have an api level of 7, so only phone with 2.1 or higher will be able to find them in the market. bugless beast (0.7.7) through (0.7.9) both change the api level of your phone to 7 so you can find live walls. I do not think this is in bugless beat 1.0 however cause there are apparently some issues.

taz55 likes this.
  10. ericks17

ericks17 Well-Known Member

I changed the sdk to 7 but still nothing. did i miss something?

11. taz55

reboot your phone

12. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

what rom are you running? some of them dont have that functionality built in, just changing the level wont give you the ability to run them.

13. ericks17

I was running smoked glass 4.5. Live Wallpapers or not my temps would go above 100f. It would hit those temps by just scrolling through the app drawer lol. I am only running at 800mhz too, so idk. Anyway I downgraded to 4.1 no live walls. Thanks for your guys help.

14. taz55

odd,i am running 4.5 w/live walls over clocked to 950 and i am at 27c 80f using the 2.0.1 home and no issues what so ever.

15. ericks17

Really? I even did a fresh install and wiped everything, still the same thing. I too was using 2.0.1 home. With 4.1 it rarely goes above 90f.

P.S. sorry for getting off topic from thread title.

16. taz55

yeah since i posted this it got up to 91. but its not going higher.

17. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

I'm running live wallpapers on BB 7.5 at 1ghz, and haven't hadn't any problems. I'm at 93 F after a few hours of pandora over wifi...nothing out of the ordinary compared to what I've seen.

Also, the only app I've anecdotally heard of having trouble with the build prop edit to 2.1 is Metamorph, but I don't have this installed so I have no way of knowing if this is the case or people having random issues.

18. anilraj420

anilraj420 Member

im running the smoked glass and i tried what u said to rename ro.build but it said it wont let me cause its just in text form or something like that can u help me out

19. taz55

i used root explorer (find it in the apps store)

up top you can switch it to rw then i opened the file in a text editor by long pressing on the file. I then edited the file, pressed menu then pressed save and close, the remount as ro using root explorere then rebooted and all was good.

anilraj420 likes this.
  20. anilraj420

anilraj420 Member

thanks alot i got it to work i was haveing the r/o proublem just like u thought..but i went to market and download some live wallpapers but how do i get it to play on phone

21. anilraj420

anilraj420 Member

hey can someone help me out im runing smoked glass the newest one and i just used root explorer to change the sdk to 7 so now i can find live wallpapers apps on market but i downloaded them and they wont work im guessing im missing another app for live wallpapers can someone help me

22. taz55

did you install the live wallpapers or just the one from the market. there is an actuall package on all droid to install to make them work. then where you select wallpapers youll see the live wallpapers option

anilraj420 likes this.
  23. anilraj420

anilraj420 Member

i just downloaded from market where do i get the package from and is it a rom or something like that

24. taz55

not a rom but a package. honestly i don't understand all the specifics. if you do a search on here there is a link to the live wallpapers instructions over at all droid . org. Follow the manual push instructions they work better. and you will be rocking and rolling.

25. anilraj420

anilraj420 Member

yeah the thing is i was tryna avoid that cause i allready have my droid rooted i guess ima have to unroot and do it there way no avoiding it