• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Find my Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplewood

Jul 26, 2010
I'm looking for a way to "Find my Iphone" that works on Android.

I've seen one old post about a Chrome hack (browse to "chrome:debug") but that doesn't work on what I think is the most recent version of Chrome. (It returns a page not found type error).

Is there some way to locate my wife's Iphone using my S3?

(I'm presently running Synergy 4.1.1 rom but I'm not wedding to that if something else would support this function).

Thanks for any suggestions (that don't involve writing scripts or other code. I'd only screw that up).

Buy a tracking device and attach it to the iPhone, Batman style :D

Sorry dude but I have no idea how to help you with this. On BlackBerry, it's Blackberry Protect that does that, and on iOS it used to be MobileMe and now, I believe, Find My iPhone or iCloud, which you can use on the computer to locate the location of that device. I believe you could use Find MyiPhone actually!!

Upvote 0
Cute. But doesn't help me when my wife (with the Iphone) is lost and calls and asks "where am I and how do I find ______?

Is Latitude available on the iPhone? My friends and I used this during the summer. It was quite handy to figure out that one of our friends decided to head home and did not bother to notify us.

Upvote 0
Is there a reason she can't use a mapping app and figure this out for herself? She clearly has a data connection if she was able to call you, so she should be able to open Maps and figure out where she is and how to get where she needs to go without calling you.

Reason is apple maps is probably how she got lost in the first place :p

Upvote 0
Is there a reason she can't use a mapping app and figure this out for herself? She clearly has a data connection if she was able to call you, so she should be able to open Maps and figure out where she is and how to get where she needs to go without calling you.

Safety tip - telling guys what their wives _should_ do is not a good life skill.

Anyway, problem solved, so we're done here. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones