• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Find rogue large files?

My phone wouldn't boot so I installed NeatRom. All good. Problem is I think some old apps on the internal memory are hanging around. 1.8G used, rather a lot just for the OS and few apps I have. Stock ROM had more space even given at least twice as many apps.

What steps can I take to find out where app zombies or logs or something might be?

Samsung Galaxy S2 with NeatRom

Hi fruey,

I've moved your thread into our Android discussion subforum, where I think it will get more attention than tucked away in the corner. ;) Let me know if you have any questions on that move. :)

On to your question though, I've got two apps that I use regularly to check on what's using my storage space and also to help track down old data.

• DiskUsage provides a handy graphical view of the filesystem, which makes it super-easy to see at-a-glance which folders might be unnecessarily bloated. It also makes it easy to delete whole directories at a go - very powerful, but be careful ;)

• SD Maid scans your system for leftovers from uninstalled apps, old caches, duplicate files, large files, etc. Very powerful tool as well. :thumbup:

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
lostfound.png

Disk app very handy, good suggestion.

Can I safely get rid of that lost+found folder?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones