Finding this phone quite unreliable, any help guys?

Last Updated:

1. nerdofprey

nerdofprey Active Member This Topic's Starter

Got my desire about two months ago and for a start I thought it was great but I'm starting to see its pretty unreliable.

For example, last week it deleted my text message inbox when I had not selected the option to automatically delete messages. Secondly, phone signal sometimes drops out for no reason and i have tho shut down my phone to get it back, this is especially annoying in emergencies as the phone can take a long time to power off. Lastly, today my phone will not work on WiFi at all, it has done this once before, I have testarted it, toggled betwwen airplane. Mode others but no joy.

I find it frustrating as I really like this phone but feel like I can't trust it to do what it is supposed to.

Advertisement
  2. nerdofprey

Sorry for mistakes not great at using keyboard but that's all my fault.3g still works just not WiFi.

3. DMXXX

DMXXX Well-Known Member

I've had my signal drop out suddenly but then again I live in an area with really bad reception so it might and might not be the phones fault. Anyway I would suggest you do a factory reset and see if that helps.

4. nerdofprey

Signal isn't a problem where I live, I have been on my network Orange for years and have never had a problem before

Thanks for the suggestion!

5. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

Check your message settings, they may be deleting automatically because that's what they're set to do.

Signal problems might not be to do with the phone, where I work it fluctuates massively.

Wifi, my laptop loses connection sometimes, I usually restart the modem and it's fine.

I've had virtually no problems with mine, which is of no help to you I know but all these problems might not all be down to the phone. Every gadget and device will trip up occassionally, that's the one thing you can guarantee about the modern world!

6. tremblingwater

tremblingwater Well-Known Member

The SMS prpblem:

Just a random thought, are you using any security programs such as outlook (i think its called that) or antivirus (again the same) because i know they have had issues with deleting the inbox of all sms's.

Ive had that happen to me.

7. nerdofprey

That's a good suggestion will give that a go, I do have the antivirus app I will delete it.

To those suggesting I ticked the automatically delete SMS box, I definitely did not, I remember blanking it during setup and checked after it deleted all my texts and it was still unchecked. It only deleted my messages once so far but it was annoying as it deleted everything in my inbox including some SMS tickets.

8. nerdofprey

I wish I was as lucky as you with yours!

My Wifi still isn't working on my phone, however it is working fine on my Laptop, PC and bfs iPhone. My phone was working fine on it yesterday! We haven't changed any settings on the router or anything like that. I have tried restarting phone, removing battery, deleting access point and refinding, switching to airplane, switching to 3G (which is working but I don't have unlimited data 500Mb so need Wifi). Any other ideas? I don't really want to factory reset as I will lose all my apps and don't have enough data to redownload them via 3G in case it doesn't work! To be honest I haven't messed with the phones settings much (only changing volume, wallpapers etc) or tried to root it or anything complicated as I know little about smartphones.

The signal drop out always seems to happen at the worst time, like I will be meeting a friend outside work and will ring her when I am there, I will pick up my phone to ring, the 3 bars or signal will dissapear and won't come back so I have to power off (which can take ages) then when it turns on the bars are back and I can ring! Or I will write a text and just as I finish the signal will disappear, I may wait 5-10 mins to see if it returns, it doesn't- I restart and 5 bars of signal! It only happens around 2-3 times per week, but I'm used to phones working all the time!

9. nerdofprey

WiFi is back again, last restart worked!!