• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finding video location

Hightech

Nov 17, 2009
I have a short video on my phone. I am trying to find it to transfer it to my computer.....

I have checked both the phone sd (G) dcim/100media and phonemem (I) dcim/100media.

There are other video's there....but not the one I'm looking for.

It is viewable on the phone, so I know it's there SOMEWHERE......any idea how to find it?

If you see the video in the gallery, you should be able to hit, menu then details and it should tell you the location. Or it should at least tell you the video name and then you can use a file manager to search for it, or mount the drives to your computer and use the computer to search for the file name. Or mount the drives and have the computer search for all video files.

There should be a folder called "my flix" on the sd card. That's where videos were stored when I was stock.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your replies.....

the answer lies in the fact that I assumed that the video's would be given a consecutively higher file number...ie video001......002....003 etc.

My last video was video025....so I assumed I was looking for video026.

Nope.....the video I was looking for.....the newest one....was video004!

Figure that one out!! And it WAS in the DCIM/100media directory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones