1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Fingerprint-free screen protector for HeroAccessories

1. Beauborg

Beauborg Active Member

A friend has a special screen protector for his iPhone (yes, spit).

It has kind of a matt finish and virtually doesn't pick up fingerprints or grease at all. He rarely needs to wipe it on his sleeve, which I have to do all the time for my HTC Hero, even though I am using the official HTC SP P260 screen protector.

Is there a similiar screen protector available for the Hero?

Advertisement
    :
  2. oxomcfc

oxomcfc Well-Known Member

u get that finish on the white htc hero only.i have the black g2 version and always got fingerprints on it even with a protector screen on.still love the phone though
  3. jigjags

jigjags Active Member

i know what u mean i have the white hero and it isn't too bad but it still gets a bit greazy from time to time ...i use a SENA leather case and it came with a nice cleaning cloth but the matt finish screen protectors are nice ...not seen any for Hero though.
  4. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the screen or the casing?
    AFAIK the screens are identical on all Heros...the White Hero has a Teflon coated casing.
  5. Forcefed

Forcefed Active Member

U r right
  6. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

This is correct. The screens on all of the Heros have an oleophobic coating, which is the same coating as is on the new iPhones
  7. htchero123

htchero123 Well-Known Member

guys i also would like to know pls wot is the best screen protector for the htc hero?
  8. Beauborg

Beauborg Active Member

I would say the best screen protector would be the official one: the HTC SP P260.

Does anyone have a non-official screen protector that claims to be fingerprint- or grease-resistant? Are they any good?
  9. Beauborg

Beauborg Active Member

Well, I decided to go for it. I bought one on eBay: (160389144777) and it actually works very well. Virtually no fingerprints!

My only criticism is it reduces the screen quality, leaving a bit of a blurring effect, but only very slightly.

So I'm pretty happy.
  10. pwrdvtec1990

pwrdvtec1990 Member

My friend got a protector for his iphone that protects from angle view and he said that it really helps with fingerprints as well. Soooo, maybe try that type or is that what you bought?
  11. CitizenErazed

CitizenErazed Well-Known Member

Invisible Shield does a fairly good job of making fingerprints less noticeable - though I find I hardly ever need to wipe my phone even without. I've got nothing on there at the moment, have used the Invis Shield on other devices though.