• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fingerprint reader lock

the screen...........

There's a scene in 2012 (the disaster movie) where someone unlocks their cell phone by pressing their finger on the screen - did you by chance watch the film recently? LOL! They can do anything they want in films but (currently) on real phones the screen isn't a scanner. It is perhaps possible that the camera could be used, but I don't know that it has that degree of sensitivity. In any case I haven't seen an alternative screen locking software trying it. Are you going for "coolness" or better security?

Upvote 0
In order for the fingerprint unlock to work it would have to be connected to the device via the USB port with some kind of peripheral biometric scanner.
Or the biometric fingerprint scanner would have to be built in to the phone, like just under the corner of the screen on the bezel with a section dedicated to scan.
I guess...

There are phones with a fingerprint reader built in....the Incredible 2 just isn't one of them.

Upvote 0
i think the OP is talking about this?

screenshot22m.png

xda-developers - View Single Post - [THEMES] WidgetLocker Theme Collection

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones