• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fingerprint scanner question.

ewarren29

Sep 9, 2010
Ok so I've had my s6 for a day now and I have the finger print scanner as my lock screen setting. However anyone can still swype open my phone. I've tried undoing then redoing with no avail. I did notice that if I move the pad lock icon up then it ask for scan but if I don't anyone can swype open? Does anyone have any tips or ideas or know what I am doing wrong?

It is because anyone can open the finger print scanner. I just found out that it's all about the placement of the finger and not the actual finger print . Sucks if you ask me . I quickly changed mone to a pass code .
Ok so I've had my s6 for a day now and I have the finger print scanner as my lock screen setting. However anyone can still swype open my phone. I've tried undoing then redoing with no avail. I did notice that if I move the pad lock icon up then it ask for scan but if I don't anyone can swype open? Does anyone have any tips or ideas or know what I am doing wrong?

Upvote 0
It is because anyone can open the finger print scanner. I just found out that it's all about the placement of the finger and not the actual finger print . Sucks if you ask me . I quickly changed mone to a pass code .
Actually I beg to differ with you on this opinion.

I've had my wife multiple times try to unlock my phone, but to no avail (at least 15 times) was unsuccessful.

Also have mine set up for both thumbs, however if I use a different finger (in the same position), no go.

Upvote 0
hey just to let you know that lock icon at the bottom is like a button to activate the fingerprint feature, so if you hit it, it will ask for you finger print, this is by design, I know it is a normal thing coming from other devices to use the lock icon to swipe it up to unlock the phone but that is not the case.

Upvote 0
Locked phone - tap home button anyone can do that, lift finger and touch with a registered finger in finger print scanner, it unlocks. It doesn't unlock for any of my unregistered fingers or anyone else's for that matter. I would suspect a faulty scanner otherwise or your thinking it should remain in standby with a black screen. Nope, you have to wake it up to the lock screen to use the finger print scanner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones