Fingerprints on camera lens cover

Last Updated:

1. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 13, 2009
    Since the glass covering the lens for the camera is flush with the back of the phone, with my droid I constantly have fingerprints all over it just from holding the phone. With such a tiny lens, a tiny bit of grease from your fingerprints can completely ruin videos and pictures.

Things like Phantomskinz intentionally leave the lens uncovered - probably because putting any kind of fingerprint resistant material over it would compromise its optical qualities.

I was originally looking at the hard silicone snap on case because that would effectively inset the lens a few millimeters from the back of the phone, meaning my skin wouldn't be touching it when just holding the phone. However, I decided not to use this because it wouldn't fit in the car dock with that case.

Aside from simply cleaning it off every time you want to take a picture or video, has anyone found an easy way to keep finger prints off the lens protector?

2. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2009
    I just cut out a piece of screen protector i had laying around. Hasnt affected my pic quality at all and doesnt hold finger prints nearly as easy and also helps prevent scratching :D