Finnaly did it....

Last Updated:

1. roccopewterss

roccopewterss Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I finally took the leap and rooted my phone. I am using the newest radioactive rom. It is smoking fast (unless running live wallpaper). I have 2 issues that I wanted to see if anyone else here experienced.

I broke my wall charger long ago and have always just used the usb cord for a charge. Now, if I connect my phone to the computer via usb it s not recognizing my phone. I get a pop up window stating that I must install drivers for the new device that has been detected. If I want to add a file to my sd card I have to remove the sd card and plug it into a card reader.

If I plug my phone into the usb out on my verizion cable box (something I have done for months prior to rooting) for a charge my phone goes a little crazy. In the notification bar "usb connected and usb debugging" will alternately flash at a 10000mph while repeating the "phone is connected" chime. In order for me to charge via usb I have to power down the phone.

Advertisement
  2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

It sounds like both your problems can be solved with one simple setting. Every time i've installed a kernel it has turned debugging mode. (probably safe to say this is required to flash a kernel in the first place) Since you ROM replaces the kernel you'll find debugging mode is on. There are separate drivers for 'regular' and debugging usb modes. This is why the computer is requesting drivers and presumably why your cable box method is freaking out.

Menu>settings>applications>development.....uncheck debugging mode and all should return to normal.

roccopewterss likes this.
  3. roccopewterss

roccopewterss Member This Topic's Starter

Did the trick. Much appreciated!

4. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, thats what i'm here for ;).