• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fire XT530 - switching between cameras

OldTim

Lurker
Feb 10, 2013
Hey guys!
I'm new here (and a complete noob), and I've been having trouble with my phone, a Fire XT530 (Android 2.3.5). The icon to change cameras disappeared and now I can't use the rear camera (it's stuck in the front camera, that is working fine). Any ideia what it might be?
Thank you!

Hi Tim and welcome to Android Forums!

Loss of a system icon like camera (IF you're using the stock camera) sounds like a system issue to me. You could try a factory reset, which will essentially "refresh" the system... leaving it in out-of-the-box condition. BUT:

You will lose your apps, app data, messages, call log and system settings like homescreen arrangement and ringtones. You'll have to set them up all over again. Nothing on your SD card will be touched. Just to be sure though, I would remove the card before wiping the phone ;) .

One way to reduce the pain of a reset is to use Carbon, a free app in Play that backs up apps & app data without the need to be rooted. While I have backed up with it, I haven't tested the restore function yet as the phone isn't back from warranty work.

Hope this helps. And I hope some other Fire user will come along to provide more guidance.

It's great to have you here! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones