• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fireball AKA Incredible 4G

This is the first article i have seen that suggests the S4 processor...
Hope it's true...

http://phandroid.com/2012/03/19/88511/

" The test reveals a few details about the handset, including the presence of Adreno 225 graphics, meaning its Qualcomm-made chip is mostlikely the Snapdragon S4. Th dual-core CPU is clocked at 1.2GHz. The Incredible 4G features a 960

Upvote 0
Well, today's news leaves me somewhat hopeful.

I must say though, after I saw those news stories from Pocketnow over the last few months over the name, "Fighter", I was almost sure that HTC were going to send us two new phones. I feel like I've been begging Verizon and HTC to take some money from me and deliver something I just can't say no to. Meh..... As much as I want to stay with HTC, the idea of that new Motorola Droid Fighter is really speaking to me. 720p, huge battery, huge screen, motocast...... Perhaps I'll just have to wait for reviews and not go first thing in the morning on release day this time out.

Upvote 0
I read in one of those articles (from Phandroid, I believe) that this is also thought to be a "world phone". Can anyone please explain what that exactly means? I mean, I get that it probably has GSM capability but do you keep existing pricing structure or pay some gosh-awful bankbusting $2/minute for overseas calling?

Upvote 0
I read in one of those articles (from Phandroid, I believe) that this is also thought to be a "world phone". Can anyone please explain what that exactly means? I mean, I get that it probably has GSM capability but do you keep existing pricing structure or pay some gosh-awful bankbusting $2/minute for overseas calling?

You generally have the option to use one of Verizon's partnerships across the pond and pay more or swap out your sim card for a carrier of your choice on foreign soil and save some cash.

As for it being a world phone, this appears to give some clues. the::unwired - APPROVAL: GCF approves HTC ADR6410LVW - HTC Droid Incredible 4G ready for prime time?

Upvote 0
You generally have the option to use one of Verizon's partnerships across the pond and pay more or swap out your sim card for a carrier of your choice on foreign soil and save some cash.

As for it being a world phone, this appears to give some clues. the::unwired - APPROVAL: GCF approves HTC ADR6410LVW - HTC Droid Incredible 4G ready for prime time?

Awesome info. Now, I have to decide if I want to try out the Rezound or wait for the DI4g world. So, since it will accept it, I could go with a prepaid or other similar service overseas and use that SIM card?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones