1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Firefox addon for Android barcode scanner

Last Updated:

1. Plymouthbiker

Plymouthbiker Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone, Just thought I'd make you aware of a add-on for the firefox web browser on the PC that I find really useful for my Android phone.

It's called MobileBarcoder 0.2.0 and you can get it by going to Tools>Add-ons on your firefox web browser.

The program creates a Barcode that you can scan with your android phone if you hover the mouse over it's icon (created in the bottom right corner of the firefox web browser) When you use Barcode scanner on your android phone, you can then scan the Barcode on the screen and your own android phone will go to that site.

(useful if you prefer to surf on the pc for programs and files for your android phone and directly download to your phone in one click rather than trying to write a web address into your phone)

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Awesome! :D[​IMG]

I've needed to copy-paste text to my phone every now and then; this is just the thing.

3. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

Very nice. Much easier than what I did. That is, bookmark a site that generates QR codes when I copy and paste the url.

Thanks for the tip.

4. steveg

steveg Active Member

doesn't work at all. totally out of date and not compatible with firefox any longer.

5. brianr8011

brianr8011 Active Member

I just installed it on my pc and it works fine. I'm still on Firefox 3.0.17 though, have you upgraded to the new version? Maybe it just isn't compatible with the latest release. I know some people are having issues with other plugins like IE Tab.

6. steveg

steveg Active Member

yes i'm using 3.6...doesn't seem worth it to downgrade for an addon that hasn't been upgraded since november and has probably lost future support by its author.

7. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

just change the version number in the install.rdf file and it works fine with 3.6, as do many (most?) extensions. (I prefer QRLink Maker, btw).

8. steveg

steveg Active Member

im on a mac... i hit download the addon and it adds it right into firefox, i don't download any "install.rdf" files....