• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firefox addon for Android barcode scanner

Hi Everyone, Just thought I'd make you aware of a add-on for the firefox web browser on the PC that I find really useful for my Android phone.

It's called MobileBarcoder 0.2.0 and you can get it by going to Tools>Add-ons on your firefox web browser.

The program creates a Barcode that you can scan with your android phone if you hover the mouse over it's icon (created in the bottom right corner of the firefox web browser) When you use Barcode scanner on your android phone, you can then scan the Barcode on the screen and your own android phone will go to that site.

(useful if you prefer to surf on the pc for programs and files for your android phone and directly download to your phone in one click rather than trying to write a web address into your phone)

Awesome! :D
icon14.gif

I've needed to copy-paste text to my phone every now and then; this is just the thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones