Firefox Mobile Beta Coming to Android Market this Month

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Firefox Mobile has been available in beta form one way or another (including Fennec) for the better part of the past year, but it has yet to reach a release worthy of the Android Market. That should change this month, as Matt Brubeck, a Mozilla Engineer, states that an upcoming beta release of the web [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Veez

Veez Well-Known Member

firefox browser blows

you try to open it and it takes 30 seconds for the browser to even open up because its "loading"...gtfo..nobody got time for that in this world of instant action

ONCE it opens up and ready to go, its a great browser..i just hated how long you had to wait for the app to open..

3. stlersguy

stlersguy Active Member

Dolphin is the best Droid browser

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Firefox is maybe not the fastest, but your phone is slow. I clocked opening it at 12 seconds on my phone. LauncherPro takes longer to restart.

Cut it some slack... it's still an early beta and right now it's about "features" and "functionality", not so much "optimization".

5. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

same here it takes around 10 seconds or so, maybe less to load up on mine. i try not to keep any junk running in the background that alone increases load times a bit. i havent really used it much lately because any site i visit that has a mobile version doesnt give me a mobile version when i use FF so I just use the builtin browser for that.

6. JohnCena83

JohnCena83 Member

Pretty excited for this. Admittedly I didn;t even know this was in the works but I had been wanting my favorite desktop browser to go mobile!