• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firefox mobile browser Avast 'This site is safe' add on/app?

Kraftwerk

Jun 3, 2013
UK
Hi
Just wondering if there is anything similar to Avast 'This site is safe' extension for Firefox browser mobile when searching on Google (you get a green tick next to the websites, or a orange or red)?

Or can I not be affected by viruses etc. if I click on a website that could load some sort of trojan on my mobile phone?

Do I need a Avast 'this site is safe' type of extension on my Android mobile?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry much about viruses/malwares though as the only way to get them on Android is if you download and install them.

That being said, Malwarebytes is often recommended. All it does is just scan your device. It doesn't come with useless apps like memory booster for example.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.malwarebytes.antimalware&hl=en

I use Firefox as well. I used to use Dolphin and it had that kind feature you mentioned, but they were all false positives in my case.

Upvote 0
Hi Kraftwerk :)

I moved your thread to the Android Applications subforum since yours isn't a device-specific question. It should attract a few more eyes (and hopefully suggestions) here. :thumbup:

As sbdc003 mentioned, you don't really need to be overly concerned with contracting malware just from browsing to a website. Even when shady sites do download stuff onto your phone (I know a lot of file-sharing sites do this), you would still have to manually execute the downloaded file for it to cause problems. And if you keep the Settings > Security > Unknown Sources option unchecked, Android will give you an additional notice before allowing you to install anything that could cause problems.

Reactions: Kraftwerk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones