Firefox mobile is on its way in "the coming days"!!!

Last Updated:

1. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

This is f***ing awesome news. I don't even like pinch zoom, and I have a man-crush on Firefox.

3. Bg8780

Bg8780 Active Member

+1

Multitouch is ok. I can live without it but I use Dolphin anyway. I love FF!!

4. Xystence

Xystence Well-Known Member

I hope this serves to be true, I cannot wait to see what they will have to offer.

5. indolent

indolent Well-Known Member

The "days away" quote sounds like it's for Nokia N900. No mention of a possible release for others, just that they are "developing versions" for windows mobile and Android.

6. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

I loves me some FireFox. I'm using it now on my Mac. It was the first piece of software I installed on it. I'd love to run it on my Droid. Hopefully once they get it out, it will be stable and, well, AWESOME.

7. overcaffein8d

overcaffein8d Well-Known Member

Not true.

EDIT: nevermind. i should have RTFA

8. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea bbc was talking about the combined builds of IE when stating that IE is most used. What does RTFA mean?

9. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

RTFA = read the frickin' article...

Feel free to add whatever f-word you want in there.

10. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Don't care about pinch to zoom but the article didn't mention anything about flash support. I really want it built in to the browser. :(

11. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I am stoked... this is the first new news I have heard about the release in about a month!

Also, about the pinch zoom... remember... Mozilla is open-source and prides themselves on the support for 3rd party add-ons. Expect the same thing from their mobile version. Think about all of the download helpers, themes, FTP clients, etc that you see on their desktop version. It will be literally a matter of days before there is a download to add pinch zoom, I am sure.

Keep the faith!

12. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I would love to see what FireFox looks like and feels like on the DROID. I'm hoping they will eventually incorporate multi-touch as I am a fan due to that feature in the Dolphin Browser. :cool:

Of course it will "support" Flash. But from your statement, you obviously don't understand what Flash support is. :(

Until ADOBE SYSTEMS releases a version of Flash for Android, we will not see it "supported" in any browser. Mozilla can't write it for us, the dev for the Dolphin browser cannot, nor can Motorola, Google, or Verizon. Make sense?

13. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Drifting slightly off-topic, but along the lines of Flash...

Adobe Labs - Adobe Flash Player 10.1

“Motorola is excited to be one of the first handset manufacturers to ship Android based devices with Flash Player support early next year,” said Christy Wyatt, vice president of software applications and ecosystem at Motorola. “As the No.1 platform for video on the Web, uncompromised browsing of Flash technology based content is essential for a rich mobile experience and something users expect from Motorola today.”

14. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

If I was a dev, I would try to port their beta just for the fun of trying.

Actually, I might anyway. It will just take me hours and hours of reading to even figure out the first step.

I know that android is not Linux based... not as people think of it anyway. It wouldn't just simply work, unfortunately. But honestly... I wonder if there is a way to actually port it.

15. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

This quote is a year old:
    This quote is half a year old:
    And now this:
    It seems to me that the imminent Fennec launch being discussed is for the Nokia platform -- but that an Android version is indeed in the works.

Just as interestingly, this is a clear indication that it now seems feasible to create non-Java Android applications!

16. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

LOL. I do not disagree that I do not fully understand what flash support is. I actually saw your other post regarding flash and Adobe Systems after I posted my post. Well I think it was you. And it actually helped me.