Firefox not closing completely?Support

1. tytlyf

tytlyf Well-Known Member

I've ran into this problem a couple times so far. When viewing a webpage in firefox that has a video or ad that plays automatically, the video or automatic ad will start later when the phone is in my pocket locked.
    Even if I pause the video ad and then hit the home button to close the browser, it still does it. Additionally, it does it when backing out using the 'back' key next to the home key.

It's almost like firefox is staying awake while the phone is locked for some reason. Anyone else experience this or know if it's browser related?

Advertisement
  2. beowulf7

beowulf7 Well-Known Member

Yes, I also noticed this. Open up Firefox and you'll see a number in the top right that refers to the tabs that are open. Click on it to see all of the tabs and close them out. Then when you exit FF and relaunch it, it'll have just the "Top sites" screen.
    Chazbald likes this.
  3. tytlyf

tytlyf Well-Known Member

I only use 1 tab and this happens from time to time. It's odd because the audio will just start playing from a video when the screen is off and locked. No video, just a dark screen playing audio.
  4. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

You can install a plug-in to close Firefox. The plug in links are in the Firefox app, just like the PC version.
    Chazbald likes this.
  5. beowulf7

beowulf7 Well-Known Member