Firefox OS

Last Updated:

1. willosmith

willosmith New Member

Has anyone here successfully gotten Firefox OS to run on the Optimus Elite? I love the hardware on this phone but I don't want to use Android anymore. Firefox OS theoretically supports any phone that supports ICS / CM9.

Advertisement
  2. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

DUDE WE CAN TOTALLY PORT UBUNTU AND FIREFOX NOWWW. :D Phenomx... I don't have the phone but I'd certainly pay you to have those running, I'd like certainly write stories to my someday children about how much of an android GOD you were on the forums. :D
  3. phenomx4

phenomx4 Well-Known Member Developer

Going to attempt Firefox os tomorrow. No guarantee to get it working though.
    starkraving, AnthonyRife and ronii like this.
  4. phenomx4

I got it to build but unable to get it to boot all the way. Gets far enough for logcats so that's a good sign I guess. I will try again tomorrow.
    smokeylt1, Inorizushi and starkraving like this.
  5. starkraving

starkraving Well-Known Member

@phenom off topic but any progress on slimbean? I hadn't heard mention of it again.
  6. phenomx4

Haven't been working on it lately but it boots just no audio but everything else looks like it works including ctr off and on animations.
  7. phenomx4

Finally got it. A lot of issues though but i might be able to fix them maybe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ktb83, WarMECH, juleswinfield and 2 others like this.
  8. willosmith

willosmith New Member

Oh that's fantastic! Perhaps you could put all the needed files together in single github repo so that I could build it for my device too? I would love to help test and iron out bugs.
  9. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

whoa awesome
  10. willosmith

willosmith New Member

Progress on the FxOS port? I would love to contribute! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
  11. phenomx4

Pretty much buggy And almost everything doesn't work at all. Since the source code is still being worked on I'll wait until it becomes out of the Pre release state.
  12. starkraving

starkraving Well-Known Member

Yeah its buggy on most devices. Any luck with the audio in 4.2?
  13. phenomx4

No but still trying.
    ktb83 and starkraving like this.