1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Firefox (web Browser) Nightly works are the Samsung Admire!General

1. nintendo4

nintendo4 Well-Known Member

Firefox (web Browser) Nightly works on the Samsung Admire!
    Beta Build Android (for Versions ARMv6 processors)

version 17.01
    Size 17 MB and can be moved to SD card

Directions

1. Download to phone
    2. Install
    3. restart phone

Link for download:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla....mv6/fennec-17.0a1.en-US.android-arm-armv6.apk

I was just doing some testing on it. So far it I like it runs smoothly on the Samsung Admire. I am rooted but you dont have to be and phone is overclocked. I'll post some pictures later.

Advertisement
  2. nintendo4

Here are some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Slickinator

Slickinator Well-Known Member

Laggy? Bugs? Anything?
  4. nintendo4

It hasn't lag or crashed yet when I use it. But firefox is searching for bugs. Please specify the name nightly with the version # with the name of the phone while describing the problem and sent the feed back here: https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback

5. You do know you can just take a screenshot right? Download aScreenshot off the play store, it works good :)
    nintendo4 likes this.
  6. nintendo4

Thanks for the tip.
  7. Demented755

Demented755 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just something with my phone, but I just had a weird problem with this.
    Downloaded it to the phone, installed it, restarted the phone, and tested it out. After loading a web page the phone started running extremely slow and then froze all together. Powered off and then the phone would not turn back on again. Thankfully getting into download mode did something to turn the phone on. Uninstalled Nightly, powered off phone, and it will turn back on as normal.
  8. I luv trolling

I luv trolling Well-Known Member

*hopes diminished* thanks for posting your experience, since the original firefox for arm 7+ has been tested to be the fastest android browser i wanted to get this but now im scared ill have the same problem