firmware 1.15.405.4 to 1.16.841.1

Last Updated:

1. jaffanz

jaffanz Member This Topic's Starter

Kia Ora.

So i have the usual Video/Audio sync problem, i won't provide a comedy speal by detailing the call too support with HTC, instead i'll jump to the end.

On my UK purchased HTC Desire running Android 2.1 update 1 s/w1.15.405.4, they have suggested i upgrade to the recently released Australian firmware 1.16.841.1. Note i'm running in NZ on Vodafone just beautifully. (not in aus)

I know the firmware recommended fixes the Australia Telstra gps problem. I also suspect that the phones coming out of Australia, that the update is for, are not sim unlocked being on plan. Also they run on differen't bands 850/1900 not the 2100/900.

so... it seems all a little too much of "Upgrade will fix ya up!" approach.
    Do you great guru's of knowledge think i should upgrade or wait for the UK sim unlocked next firmware upgrade.... ? Any idea when this would be about

Cheers everyone =)

Advertisement
  2. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

The software you have seems to be the global sim-free f/w, unlike the carrier specific one they've told you to use.

So I'd wait for the generic update.

3. jaffanz

jaffanz Member This Topic's Starter

yup... 3rd call from HTC Support. This guy finally got it and confirmed what i was asking here as no you shouldn't put the Aussie Firmware onto the UK purchased simunlocked phone. useless.

Turns out there service desk systems are seperate (where as i though i was pushed from uk to aus as "follow the sun support"), so i have to relog the sync video/audio problem on the uk web site.

Least they ring you up! lol

cheers

4. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

Not really important, but the Aust Telstra version is not sim locked either. It is however branded with some exclusive software etc.

Mind you, the unlock-edness would only be useful to travellers. Telstra has the fastest data network, so competitor switching would probably be out of the question for most desire users.