Firmware Backup - Optus Australia

Last Updated:

1. N3maN

N3maN Member This Topic's Starter

I Guys,

I am trying to get my hands on the Original Optus Firmware for Australia - my phone has stopped reading sim cards (it is definitely hardware as i have flashed multiple different roms) and i need to get back to stock for warranty's sake.

I have done some research but have been unable to find it. I believe that the number for it should be i7500DTII5 (according to this site)

If anyone can help me out, i would greatly appreciate it :)

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. smiley1960

smiley1960 Active Member

Hi N3maN,

The Optus firmware was I7500DFII3. If you or anyone else can tell me how to extract it, I can get you a copy. A friend of mine has just bought a demo Optus Galaxy and I upgraded everything except the baseband, and took a nandroid copy of the rest of the optus firmware, which would bring yours back to the original spec......IF...... someone can tell me how to extract the baseband.

3. PFKaKRL

PFKaKRL Member

Just Plugin your Phone to a computer and pull down the notification bar. Connect the phone as a USB Drive and open your file manager "nautilus" for Gnome, "dolphin" for KDE, explorer.exe for M$ Windoz, probably "finder" for MacOsX.
    Navigate to your Phones SD Card and you will see nandroid folder inside it (if you have used some of the latest recoveries) There are folders like SLOT1, SLOT2, SLOT3 and SLOT4 just copy the one which have the nandroid backup files and using a archiving utility like 7z or rar (winrar for windoz maybe) and put to an online storage like dropbox, rapidshare, zshare etc.

then copy the download link and paste it here. you are done. :)

4. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

Advice delete your friends data before doing that. SMS, MMS, contact lists, google account... ...'cause they're saved in that Nandroid backup.

5. smiley1960

smiley1960 Active Member

Thanks PFKaKRL and Lelouch. No offense but I actually know how to set up a link etc. My issues are as follows:
    1. N3maN hasn't answered whether he wants a nandroid backup of the Optus ROM, not has anyone else. I'm happy to provide if anyone asks for it.
    2. nobody has yet answered my request for help in pulling out the baseband from this phone.

6. PFKaKRL

PFKaKRL Member

Smiley, i am not offensed please forgive me i thought you were asking how to extract and put it online. and tried tp give a brief instruction to do it. Just trying to help as you do to a person who we don't know who :)

off the topic but, people asks me why i do love internet communities. and i answer them "cause we share". we share lots of things, our knowledge, our happiness and sorrow, our files (both pirated and legal :p), our hopes, etc etc. in this topic a guy asked if anyone has some files then you replied that you may have. and asked for some knowledge about it (you didn't know the guy who was in need of help). i replied as i understood(i didn't know you and the guy), LeLouch saw and try to make you aware of your friends privacy (he didn't know who you are, and your friend). Does not this make sense why i love internet communities? we don't share for money, we don't share for reputation (who knows this forum other than "us"?) we share cause we can. :)

I adore you all, friends even i don't know who you are.