Firmware Change

Last Updated:

1. ryanjayx

ryanjayx Active Member This Topic's Starter

If I were to buy an Ally that has been flashed from Verizon to Cricket, is it easy to flash it back to Verizon firmware?

Advertisement
  2. ForceFedTrauma

ForceFedTrauma Active Member

3. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Actually the settings are stored in the radio. but that stock rom includes the verizon radio and settings so that should do it. And though the steps are long, they're well detailed and not short and super vague like other how-to guides I've seen

I also find it a bit odd that you found an ally with a successful flash to cricket.The settings usually revert back to default since its stored in AMSS (radio). But that shouldnt be an issue soon. As we are currently working on a Patch.

4. ryanjayx

Yeah, I also found a Droid X that is flashed to Cricket. Some girl traded her Droid 2 for a Droid X on craigslist, but the person she traded didn't tell her that the phone had been flashed to Cricket. So I might just trade her phones straight across because she doesn't know anything about it.

5. budmonster

budmonster Guest

can any phone be flash from vzw to cricket? how are the interenet speeds on cricket? is it 3g, etc.?

6. death2all110

Yes pretty much any phone from verizon can be flashed to cricket. idk how the service is though

7. ryanjayx

I'm not sure how the service is either. A lot of people around here go with them, but I think it's more because it's cheap.

8. death2all110

Yeah its cheaper but cricket isn't available in my area

9. swc2001

swc2001 Well-Known Member

Yeah no doubt.
    I live in the country in Texas and the only thing that gets out where I live is Verizon.

10. death2all110

The only thing that works good where i live is US Cellular and Verizon, i thought about switching but they dont have any android phones that appeal to me plus no unlimited data plan