• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware failed to upgrade via Kies - Galaxy S i9000

Hi DrQuackles,

I'm currently out and about (it's Friday night after all:D) but I will get back to you tomorrow to help you out.

Cheers

Ray
samsung g i9000 hello im on virgin this was on orange when it was the girlfriends but its being unlocked now i want to upgade from 2.1 but im not sure which one to down load because the firewares have the network next to it as it was a orange phone before do i download that fireware . i did try kies dont work just turns off .on kies it says latest firmware version :pda:jpy/ phone:jpy/ csc;jpy (xeu) if anyone can help please

Upvote 0
samsung g i9000 hello im on virgin this was on orange when it was the girlfriends but its being unlocked now i want to upgade from 2.1 but im not sure which one to down load because the firewares have the network next to it as it was a orange phone before do i download that fireware . i did try kies dont work just turns off .on kies it says latest firmware version :pda:jpy/ phone:jpy/ csc;jpy (xeu) if anyone can help please

The best one to download from SamMobile.com is the latest UK/Ireland one. It is version 2.3.6 XXJW4 (2012 April). That was the one I was using when I had the Galaxy S.

Here is the link that will take you directly to the list of firmwares and it is the top one on the list that you need to download.

Firmwares | SamMobile

Reactions: youfool
Upvote 0
ok thanks ray got it sorted had to reflash it because it failed first time and had that bricked phone sign. :D;)

Good to hear. Actually, my first ever attempt at flashing resulted in a bricked Galaxy S and five minutes of sheer panic :D until I realised I could just try flashing again which went through okay the second time.

What are your impressions now with the newer version of Android and TouchWiz?

Upvote 0
Good to hear. Actually, my first ever attempt at flashing resulted in a bricked Galaxy S and five minutes of sheer panic :D until I realised I could just try flashing again which went through okay the second time.

What are your impressions now with the newer version of Android and TouchWiz?
well its faster that the last one and i can run a few more apps which didn't run on the last one. but i have to say all is good apart from randon turning off i could be sat waiting for someone to call me back then i notice the phone is off battery is full. so i may wipe again and reflash.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones