Firmware from Three (inc CSC)

1. shmuel

shmuel Member

Hi guys,

I recently got a Samsung i5700 from abroad but am on 3, and would like to use their firmware (mainly for Skype on 3), is there anywhere that the firmware with the CSC can be downloaded?

If it's not possible, where is the best place to get the latest 2.1 firmwares, as NPS doesn't get past 0% when updating the phone :(

Thanks,
    Sam

Advertisement
    :
  2. shanedean

shanedean Member

Please, Id like ths too.
  3. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

**cough... Root Guide.. cough **
  4. shanedean

shanedean Member

I have rooted my handset!!

That is not what I am asking for.

My problem is that although I can use data connections (albeit only across 2G networks) I cannot make/receive calls/texts or connect to '3'. I was wondering if this was something to do with the 3 network specific firmware (which I do not have on this handset as it was bought from ebay as faulty and would not boot, so I flashed a generic firmware to get it up and running). Yes, I know it will be full of crap that I don't need/want but I would none the less like to try flashing my handset with it to see if my problem goes away or attempt to return it to 3 for repair as it can be no older than around 6 months can it?
  5. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

If the phone was purchased abroad, then the SIM card may not work until the phone is unlocked.

Rooting the phone does NOT unlock it from a carrier.
  6. Iqoniq

Iqoniq Active Member

You won't be able to send the phone to 3 for repair because it wasn't obtained through them. Samsung won't help because there is technically nothing wrong with the phone. You've also voided the warranty by rooting the phone anyway.

As far as I know, 3 don't use specific firmware that will only work on their network. If your problem is data and you can make and receive calls then simply go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names and create a new APN with these values...

Name: 3
    APN: three.co.uk
    Proxy:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
    MMS proxy: mms.three.co.uk
    MMS port: 8799
    MCC: 234
    MNC: 20
    Authetication type: None

If the fields above are blank they don't need anything in them and should say <Not Set>

Then set it as the default APN and delete the other in there. Does this help?