1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Firmware issues

Last Updated:

1. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

I grabbed a boot animation in rom toolbox on my phone but noticed there was some permission denied flashing back n forth after rebooted so i deleted the boot animation and rom toolbox in the files. And after rebooting now it will the Hello screen but not go past the droid logo i installed. And i cant seem to even system android recovery. Please help dont know what to do. I plug in usb and recognizes phone but not sd card or anything. Is there anything i can do in adb? This phone is new and rooted but never cwm. If i cant fix im selling it if someone knows how to fix this

Advertisement
  2. spen1995

spen1995 Well-Known Member

you can fastboot cwm through adb if you dont know how to theres lots of forums online make sure its this cwm and not another you can download it in the cwm thread
  3. spen1995

spen1995 Well-Known Member

once you do that you can flash a custom rom and return to stock later
  4. ww227

ww227 Member

try booting into recovery, no animation there and you can install a rom which should fix it
  5. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member Contributor

tip for the future, if u are going to be changing ANYTHING in the internal storage of your phone, u should always have a recovery installed and a backup performed before doing anything.
  6. Jeni_James

Jeni_James Well-Known Member

Very true!
  7. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

Yes i know and i did think something would happen because at first it took the boot but then got an error transmiter permission failed and that kept flashing off and on but phone was fine. Untill i deleted the rom toolbox and boot animation in files. Then rebooted phone and stuck in animation lol. Its for sale if someone can fix it. Never activated 1 mos old only rooted comes with everything