1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

firmware update 12/11/12?General

1. VIC555

VIC555 Active Member

Had a firmware update last night. What was that about? nothing change on my firmware version.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Mine got it also. So far I haven't found any details about what it actually updates. Just some general comments about how the tablet 'feels smoother'. I haven't used mine enough since the update to have an opinion on the change.
  3. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thread, I manually checked and pulled it. Installing now.
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I opened my tablet up and just had it auto-pushed to it. Guess I'll find out any changes soon.
  5. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

I would SWEAR that the google voice search is way more efficient and less laggy than before. I have been paying attention to that as a metric since my wife got me the Google Nexus 7 as a mini tablet for early Christmas present.
  6. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

Got it
  7. VIC555

VIC555 Active Member

you`re welcome
  8. kickbutkuss

kickbutkuss Well-Known Member

I agree, the "Google Now" voice search is much improved... :D
  9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Reports at XDA are bringing to light a new brand of skeptics. Now, it seems some people who never had issues wit their Infnitys are posting about all of the "FUD" about lagginess and reboots.

FWIW, it does seem to be a bit snappier, but I also had my first in-game reboot in a few builds.

I've triple verified it with 3 different games - Death Rally, Virtual Tennis and Dead Trigger - all three of which make extensive use of the touchscreen for controlling the game. All three of which had given me no reboots in the last two builds released by ASUS.

ANd this time none of hte games were being played with hte tablet in performance mode, either.

I think it is time to open a ticket with ASUS and get this thing (and the dock which is 'separating', for lack of a better word, near the docking hinge).
  10. kickbutkuss

kickbutkuss Well-Known Member

I hate to hear that...

I started with the Prime and it was eventually replaced by the retailer. So I ended up with the Infinity and have definitely experienced lag as well as the annoying black line across the screen but overall I feel it is improving with each update. Thankfully no reboots.