Firmware update problems

Last Updated:

1. GrgeBR

GrgeBR Member This Topic's Starter

Based on http://androidforums.com/lg-eve/35180-lg-eve-sd-card-not-mounted.html#post389372 this post, I've been trying to update the firmware on my LG Eve and I'm having problems.

I've installed all 4 drivers in http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdat...river_WHQL_ML_Ver_4.9.7_All_Win7_20100222.zip

I have my phone plugged in and I am sure it's correctly plugged in because I hear the notification tone on Windows and my phone gives me the option to mount the SD card.

Yet the application never detects my phone.

WTF?

I've done it with the SD card in and out, I've done it with turn QCRIL/Android Log On and Off. (what is QCRIL for anyway) the only thing I didn't do is have my phone fully charged. I think it was at 89% or something. (This can't be the reason can it?)

Am I doing something wrong? Should the phone be off or something. I'm confused.

Edit: Oh... also should the USB be in debug mode or something?

Advertisement
  2. Nismo

Nismo Member

i know this sounds silly, but just to make sure, your pulling down the notification window and clicking mount correct? other than that the rest sounds all good to me

3. jimrebello

jimrebello Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with my girlfriends phone this wknd, turns out it is set to work as a modem or something by default. I don't have the phone with me, but there was a setting I had to turn it on so that the phone popped up that it was connected, then from there you get the option to Mount. I had to do that before I could update. Maybe someone else can point to the setting? I can't find it on my Magic.

4. GrgeBR

I'm not having a problem with mounting. The phone is prompted to mount. But the application still doesn't recognize that my phone is plugged in.

5. GrgeBR

WTF? it's working now. Forget it.

6. GrgeBR

I figured it out... if Mass Storage is selected then the phone doesn't get recognized by Windows. Wierd.

7. Russki

Russki Member

I believe explanation to this is that if Mass storage device is ON than Windows is tying to read SD card but not the phone.
    Thanks for the thread I'll try to update my phone again, as it was unsuccessful in the past.:cool:

8. jimrebello

jimrebello Well-Known Member

That's the same thing that mine did, I don't think I did a very good job of explaining that though.....:eek: