• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware Update

inertial

Dec 23, 2008
I have read and search the manual force update for G1 firmware. But yet, I'm too lazy to do that. My phone states i'm on Firmware 1.0 which I'm sure it is not up to date (I think).

My question is how do you update the phone using the phone not manually forcing it?

Regards.

Happy New Years.

I'm on RC29. How am I suppose to update that?

Just talked to T-Mobile, their Tech Support told me that "depending on your specific model/made/activation we cannot give you an exact reason. There are many variables to which your phone would be updated."

It sounded like its a wait in line system when I'm going to get my update. Lame.

Upvote 0
I'm on RC29. How am I suppose to update that?

Just talked to T-Mobile, their Tech Support told me that "depending on your specific model/made/activation we cannot give you an exact reason. There are many variables to which your phone would be updated."

It sounded like its a wait in line system when I'm going to get my update. Lame.

You can manually do it if you choose but I would recommend staying with RC29 since you still have root access to your phone... once you go to RC30 you loose it unless you get the mod version which you would have to install yourself anyway.... be happy there are many of us who wish we still had RC29 and equally as many downgrading for the extra functionality of it....

Upvote 0
I am in the same situation, i have rc29 and would like to keep it so that i can eventually clean up some of the icons and make other changes down the line but i am getting tired of the ota message from t-mobile saying that i need to update. anyone know how to stop those messages?

update it manually to the modded RC30 it'll let you keep root access.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones