Firmware update?Support

1. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

I keep getting a firmware update in the status bar evertime I turn the phone off or restart it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

If your on the stock,unrooted, then update. You can really ignore it.
  3. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

I'm unlocked, rooted and custom ROM'd with bloatware removed and i get that constantly. You will continue to get it if you are too.

Here's what I did. Since I'm rooted, I used the X-Plore file explorer app to set the permissions for the download file "root/cache/fumo/OTApkg.zip" to 400. If you don't know what that is, just uncheck everything except the top left box.

This will prevent the download from ever saving on your device again as it won't be able to create/overwrite the existing file. But you will continue to get the download (use the mobile 4G network, not your wifi. Make the carrier send the file across their network, NOT yours.). You can tell it to update, but the update will always fail.

It's a bit of an annoyance, but really not bad. I've just learned to expect it. And the benefits of root and custom ROM outweigh the minor bug fixes that the OTA update is supposed to fix. And there have been many complaints about things that aren't as good, i.e. battery life, after the OTA update.

If you are stock, unrooted go ahead and do the update as mentioned above, it will be over with.
  4. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all!