Firmware Update

Last Updated:

1. blt24

blt24 Member

Welp either kyocera is being awesome and giving us Jelly bean or they caught wind of our root capability's and are trying to put a stop to it. I received a notification about a firmware update today and im not eager to push it so soon after getting root. If there's anyone on here that doesn't care about loosing root(Not many) then please update and tell us what its about. I am really curious to know what kyocera is up to and normally I wouldn't mind loosing root for the sake of knowing but I literally just got it 2 days ago XD.

Advertisement
  2. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

Firmware update came just the other day on this phone, and it was rooted just after... hopefully it's the same one that you're talking about.
    If it is, it didn't affect my ability to root.
    Hope that helps.
    :eek:
  3. Trancenstuff

Trancenstuff Active Member

I had an update Monday or Tuesday..just got it rooted yesterday..i figured that was how some one got in myself.
  4. blt24

blt24 Member

Well I went a head and updated and it failed twice but the 3rd time it went through. I didn't lose root and my phone seems much snappier. Does anyone have a change log or something for this update? I would be curious to see what was changed.
  5. Chopstikwar

Chopstikwar Well-Known Member

I've been trying to hit that Update Firmware and the Update Kyocera Firmware button(s) repeatedly to try to find out what exactly has been updated. I don't know why, but my phone has not found any updates. I am REALLY hoping for JB. Can anyone confirm if the firmware has changed from 4.0.4? Hopefully to 4.1? I'm anxious for the possibility (hopefully) of a recovery, I understand that patience is a virtue especially when it comes for waiting for the Dev's. I'm just extremely curious. Someone please tell me?
  6. blt24

blt24 Member

It's still ICS not JB(Sadly) and nothing has changed in the way of version number or firmware number. Only thing I notice with the update is that its smoother, even when running multiple apps its still really smooth. It looks like they may have changed the way the rom manages ram, but im not sure. This is just going off of just looks.
  7. Chopstikwar

That's a disappointment, I love ICS, don't get me wrong. But it would be amazing if we can get the Hydro with the latest and greatest. In your opinion, Do you think we will get JB? I mean, I'm sure once we get Recovery there will be ports, but I'm talking about an official update.
  8. Pappy62

I seriously doubt it... but I could be wrong.

I thought I was wrong once... but it turned out I was right after all.
  9. Chopstikwar

Y.Y Hopefully we get a recovery soon enough so we can start flashing and tweaking though :)
  10. blt24

blt24 Member

XD So you were right that you were wrong? Nice play on words :D
  11. Chopstikwar

So what's the news on the Custom Recovery? Anyone know?
  12. Pappy62

Nope. Nothing just yet. This is going to be a tough one to crack...
  13. Chopstikwar

You think it's going to be a long time? :/
  14. Pappy62

More than likely.
    :/
  15. ringostarr1

ringostarr1 Active Member

that sucks but we can support the devs working on it!
  16. Pappy62

17. Chopstikwar

So does anyone know about the Recovery? Or JB for that matter?
  18. Chopstikwar

This forum dead or something?
  19. Robertech

Robertech Well-Known Member

still nothing new as far as recovery or JB. thread's not dead, just nothing new to report.
  20. Chopstikwar

Thank you for your reply, I didn't think it would die so soon. Kind of getting a little bit anxious for the recovery, but we all have to wait. Hopefully, it'll be worth it. You know?
  21. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Well-Known Member

yeah I just killed my Samsung transform ultra with milk so I picked this up. Chev and some guys are working on the recovery. I had Chev's Megatron rom and it rocked hopefully get a port of that for this phone. CTMOD wouldn't be so bad either.
  22. nerys

nerys Well-Known Member

Just picked up a pair of hydro's (for my pop) $40 !! sweet

While not comparable to my S3 or Note II I do have to say this is a pretty darned nice little phone.

so far I have no issues with it except I can't get it to root yet (says it worked but busybox won't install and root checker hangs)

its a decent size with a decent bright screen. gonna be my pops first droid. took FOREVER to get his 488 contacts on the thing. it would always stop at about 78.

so I used a touch pro 2 windows mobile phone (bullet proof) as a go between and got them loaded but then anything over about 80 and it puked so 75 at a time was the way to do it :) but now I have a single vcf backup so all is well :)

got a TPU and IMPACT case coming in the mail for them. combing that with it being waterproof and this is an impressive little phone !! wish I had to cash to get a 3rd one for myself.

looking forward to tearing this one up once we get recovery and some roms.
  23. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Well-Known Member

Check my rooting guide use version v2 that the only one that workworked for me
  24. Slikno420

Slikno420 Well-Known Member

Hey guys i just came over from the droid 4/transform ultra. So hi, now a question.

Read through the root guide seems like a lot of people have been having issues rooting this thing wondering if anyones gotten it to work fully also if theres any word on freezable apps/ or some roms in the works.
  25. nerys

nerys Well-Known Member

annnnd the location of your rooting guide? :)