• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Firmware Update

http://androidforums.com/hydro-all-...overy-n-roms-n-confrimed-removable-guide.html

and if you have any prob with the root program let me know and i will email a copy of v2. that seems to be the only one that really works

I also put a download mirror from my dropbox for v2, v15, v16 in the guide also all known app removal going to be add app names as they are found in the system folder its just been a crazy week for me and a lot of others. I have been trying to find any CWM that might work for this but the hydro as a locked bootloader so it might be awhile till we get a working Custom Recovery.:( But there is hope that a Dev with higher knowledge of porting will come along I heard that some big names are working on it but haven't been confirmed as of yet.

That's fine, we're currently working on the warp sequent cwm but you guys are next on his list:) shouldn't be too long, hes a great cwm wizard but don't get your hopes up either he might not have time or feel like doing it but he said he would last night so you guys might have cwm in 2-3 weeks probably way less than that.

ha, at first i was worried about 2-3 weeks but we are the sequent guys. Glad to see we are first lol. Thanks for everything

Lol i meant the hydro sorry ahah.

This looks promising but that was posted Oct 9 but they already have CWM
but its not fully working as of yet.

Upvote 0
hay TG if you get a chance could you explane just what a "mod" is?
like i said i'm new to android and this stuff confuses the hell out of me lol.
i've always been a windows fan and any linux stuff is way to different for me. tryed ubuntu for awhile on a netbook but after the GUI i couldn't find any files deep into the system like i can windows.
this could be good info for other newbees too

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link (the other page only had the current v17 version linked)

BTW v17 works fine. its just "odd"

it roots the phone successfully but for some reason SU is not "prompted"

when I went into SU and set it to default grant all everything started working fine (though that is a dangerous way to run things potentially)

so anyway to fix that? going to try and simply run the V2 and see what happens. ie see if it prompts to "grant access"

installed V2 and now it "prompts" for root. all good.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link (the other page only had the current v17 version linked)

BTW v17 works fine. its just "odd"

it roots the phone successfully but for some reason SU is not "prompted"

when I went into SU and set it to default grant all everything started working fine (though that is a dangerous way to run things potentially)

so anyway to fix that? going to try and simply run the V2 and see what happens. ie see if it prompts to "grant access"

thats how it works for me, what few things i have that need root ask for it the first time and i hit allways allow for them. and the next time i run them a popup says it's been granted superuser access

Upvote 0
nono. misunderstanding.

you can set superuser 3 ways.

Prompt
Deny
Allow

Prompt is what we want. (ie they ask for it the first time) when an app wants root superuser will pop up a little window saying do you wish to grant this program root access? you hit yes or no. yes means its good to go from now on as well.

deny means it simply rejects

ALLOW means it won't prompt you at all it will simply let ANY program have root access (which is the way you have to use it with v17)

when I installed V2 I ended up with both SuperSU and Superuser so I froze SuperSu rebooted and let superuser go at it (since v2 installed that) and NOW it works.

now it "prompts" me when a new program wants root access.

ie the right way to use it :) default allow is dangerous because malicious programs in theory would simply run.

with v17 there was no ask the first time. it just did not work. but if you set it to default allow it worked (but thats dangerous)

v2 does not have this problem.

Upvote 0
nono. misunderstanding.

you can set superuser 3 ways.

Prompt
Deny
Allow

Prompt is what we want. (ie they ask for it the first time) when an app wants root superuser will pop up a little window saying do you wish to grant this program root access? you hit yes or no. yes means its good to go from now on as well.

deny means it simply rejects

ALLOW means it won't prompt you at all it will simply let ANY program have root access (which is the way you have to use it with v17)

when I installed V2 I ended up with both SuperSU and Superuser so I froze SuperSu rebooted and let superuser go at it (since v2 installed that) and NOW it works.

now it "prompts" me when a new program wants root access.

ie the right way to use it :) default allow is dangerous because malicious programs in theory would simply run.

with v17 there was no ask the first time. it just did not work. but if you set it to default allow it worked (but thats dangerous)

v2 does not have this problem.

thats what i ment just didn't get my wording right, sorry
like i said this is all new to me but i'm learning
i'm self taught on windows and give me some time and i'll have this stuff down too

Upvote 0
hay TG if you get a chance could you explane just what a "mod" is?
like i said i'm new to android and this stuff confuses the hell out of me lol.
i've always been a windows fan and any linux stuff is way to different for me. tryed ubuntu for awhile on a netbook but after the GUI i couldn't find any files deep into the system like i can windows.
this could be good info for other newbees too

A mod is anything modified by you or anyone else. mod (modification)

Upvote 0
Yeah if things don't pick up with this phone by tax season I'm going to be picking a new phone this is not that powerful of a phone with being able to mod it our way.I came from the samsung transform ultra and that is a really fast modded phone when you add megatron to it but it been out longer but I might go back there. But that would mean I wouldnt be so scared to play around with this phone more

Upvote 0
Welp either kyocera is being awesome and giving us Jelly bean or they caught wind of our root capability's and are trying to put a stop to it. I received a notification about a firmware update today and im not eager to push it so soon after getting root. If there's anyone on here that doesn't care about loosing root(Not many) then please update and tell us what its about. I am really curious to know what kyocera is up to and normally I wouldn't mind loosing root for the sake of knowing but I literally just got it 2 days ago XD.

Not sure this is still relevant, but jelly bean is 4.1? My system still says 4.0.4 and no update available...but I'm not using the 3g, just wifi, do you need 3g to update this to jelly bean? Would like to know before I root and have to do it all again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones