firmware updateSupport

1. cyberapps

cyberapps Well-Known Member

I have the samsung galaxy prevail how do I go about re-flash the firmware. it said there is not a update firmware.

Advertisement
  2. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

First check : Settings>>>>>About phone : If it says FF19, you got the latest
  3. cyberapps

cyberapps Well-Known Member

yes that what i have and the prl ver never changes it at 61009
  4. vce2005

vce2005 Well-Known Member

M aybe there is no PRL update available in your area !! I am also on the same PRL as when I first bought the phone.

Tho, there are ways to manually change PRL's..... ( Just search the forum )
    Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  5. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

61009 is the latest stock prl for my area. (California) That's what I am running and signal is good. It was originally 61007.
  6. kolosus

kolosus Well-Known Member

61009 is the latest prl no matter where you live. If you're on FF19 modem and your prl is 61009 then you're fine.

Problem is either you got too much stuff on your phone or you just live in an area that has poor Boost coverage.
    wyelkins likes this.
  7. wetbiker7

Hmmm, so that's a nationwide PRL? That makes sense. That's why my friend in NC has the same PRL. What doesn't make sense is why people use older Boost PRL's. I can understand trying a Sprint PRL but not an older PRL from Boost. Yet, people do it. LOL:D
  8. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

some may actually get better service with old ones... just because its new, doesnt necessarily mean better.

what if boost decides that they are giving access to too many towers? (clogging up post paid users access) they already exclude some tower ids. they would just have to push out a new one with MORE exclusions and BAM "problem solved"... :( (i actually wouldnt put it past them either)
  9. wetbiker7

No doubt bro. I definitely wouldn't put it past them.

As for the PRL's, I was getting better service with Sprint PRL'S before they upgraded the tower. Now I get great signal with the stock PRL. If things change, it's nice to know it's easy to just switch right back to a corporate PRL which I'll do in a heartbeat if need be. :D