Firmware version 1.5General

Last Updated:

1. donnakd

donnakd Active Member This Topic's Starter

I just noticed that my firmware version is 1.5. Isn't it supposed to already be updated to 1.6?? I got my eris on 1-11 and it had some updates as soon as I got it going. I hadn't really thought about it much--really just thought it was the update to 1.6 that was talked about on here. Any need to be concerned?

(PLEASE, no talk about 2.0/2.1. There is enough talk of that around here!)

Advertisement
  2. arock

arock Well-Known Member

Nope, 1.5 is right. All of the updates so far have been to fix bugs specific to this phone, or at least i think they are.

3. donnakd

donnakd Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, guess that tells how much I am understanding. So thankful to have found all the great help on here. I love this phone, just hoping I will at some point be able to use it to its full potential!!

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Something I just read earlier today. There are more phones at 1.5 than there are 1.6.

5. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Smacky has this edgy sense of sarcasm...leaves you wondering...is he really serious or he is totally just screwing with me? :D

6. smacky

smacky Banned

Looking back on the article, I misread. There are a greater number of phones running 1.6 than any other version.

The article: Google updates Android fragmentation numbers – Android and Me

I feel dumb. That honestly wasn't an attempt by me to spark something. I was surprised by the statement too and thought it was false since so many Android phones on t-mobile and Sprint were ready for 2.0 as well. My bad.

7. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

read the article ... what phones are running android 1.1 ... i though the first android phone was the g1 and it is 1.6 .. i know it was upgrade from 1.5 but what could be running 1.1 ... i know there arent really an at all. like .3% but still

8. smacky

smacky Banned

Well, it's counting devices. Phones aren't the only things that use Android. eBook readers, tablets, etc. all use them.

9. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

See what I mean? You were SERIOUS this time. Ha! I am surprised to see that there are more 1.5 devices but when you consider the ereaders, there are a heck of a lot of those out there.

10. smacky

smacky Banned

Yeah, the Nook was selling like mad this season, even though people don't get them for a little while. It's surprising ebooks are starting to sell so well now.

11. chassum

chassum Well-Known Member

I'd really like an update to 1.6 which would let me run several apps I've been waiting for.

12. smacky

smacky Banned

....and the people with 1.6 want 2.1. It's a vicious cycle. Just be patient.