• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Firmware Versions

wow, well done sephail
i think you are the 1st person that can source, decrypt and provide software like this.
Shame samsung has forced us to look for a back door but what option has the idiots left us with

you sir are a legend

are you able to find august/sept csc's?
g8 is old on every networks part. o2 went to h6 after g8
http://fus.samsungmobile.com/Phone_Binary/6/GT-i7500I7500O2UIH2I7500XXIH6I7500XXIH6_500.zip.enc <-- thats the latest o2 one before ii4 which it looks like samsung have not put it up for NPS yet

Upvote 0
So far i've extracted the cache.img and put it in it's own tar file. I have then gone and loaded Odin and then selected the OPS file. Next I have then selected the CSC file pointing it at my cache.tar. I then set my phone up into download mode and connect it to my computer and see that Odin recognizes it. I click start and it says "Check Image Files". Am I missing a step?

Upvote 0
Ok made there files:-
cache.tar that conatains these files.
cache.img

Also made a pda.tar file that contains these files:-
system
recovery
kernel
amss

I select these 2 files in odin and start but get this error

<1> Added!!!
<1> Detected!!!
<1> odin mode.. check platform verification.
<1> START!!!
<1> odin mode.. do file mapping..
<1> check download environment.
<1> e - big partition size!!
<1> Delete Comm3engine

Upvote 0
Ok made there files:-
cache.tar that conatains these files.
cache.img

Also made a pda.tar file that contains these files:-
system
recovery
kernel
amss

I select these 2 files in odin and start but get this error

<1> Added!!!
<1> Detected!!!
<1> odin mode.. check platform verification.
<1> START!!!
<1> odin mode.. do file mapping..
<1> check download environment.
<1> e - big partition size!!
<1> Delete Comm3engine

i used to have this problem, no matter what firmware i tried to install.

what worked for me was doing the install from another computer. don't know what caused the problem on mine.

maybe related to your problem. maybe not.

Upvote 0
has this method been tried on the Galaxy?
I haven't tried it, but i don't see any other reason why it wouldn't work than the signature within the zip file. If the recovery image doesn't know the signature, it might not allow the update to proceed.

Other than that, the zip file is the same as the update.zip file, including a valid update script within the package.

Upvote 0
Right..

So you need to sign the package with SignApk before applying the update. Other than that, it's a working OTA.

So, to recap: extract cache.img from the tar, unyaffs the img to get the zip and pass the zip through SignApk, apply as an OTA through the modified recovery, profit!

Remember to wipe your system after applying, the CSC update screws up your system pretty bad (it's the same as seen when upgrading from G-series to H-series)

And now to restore the backup and return to a CSC free life ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones