FirmwareGeneral

1. waheed007

waheed007 Member

Plz help me which is the best firmware for Samsung galaxy s2

Advertisement
  2. WoohooGuy

WoohooGuy Well-Known Member

Best is subjective and often devolves into a pissing contest.

The best firmware for the phone is from the engineers that designed it and released it with the firmware it came with.

There are others available but all have their fair share of bugs, If you fancy stability then you are better off running stock rooted to lose the bloat with Titanium Backup and then use the Xposed framework for mods and tweaks that are very easily implemented and reversed if they go bad.
  3. waheed007

waheed007 Member

Plz send me link where is the best firmware for my samsung galaxy s2
  4. waheed007

waheed007 Member

I have 2 issu in my galaxy s2 they are battry drain after 3 hours nd my cell phone very hot back side when i used it
  5. WoohooGuy

A different kernel on stock firmware may offer you better battery life, there are many to be had over at XDA.

You need to understand there are many versions of the Galaxy S2, the GT-I9100 sometimes referred to as the international version and the T989 Tmobile "Hercules" version for example.

Make sure you are using a kernel compatible with your model and always have a nandroid or "recovery" backup before you start willy nilly flashing kernels.
  6. waheed007

waheed007 Member

sir i have galaxy model gt-i9100 plz send me the best firmware link
  7. waheed007

waheed007 Member

i dont know about kernal i upgrade it using odin
  8. WoohooGuy

There are many available, over at XDA they will have the [Kernel] tag.

Galaxy S II Android Development - XDA Forum

Make sure the kernel you use is compatible with your android version of stock/rom you are running.

You can use recovery to flash some kernels as well, you can also use a root app like Flashify - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify&hl=en

Flashing a bad/wrong kernel can soft-brick your device, make sure you have a full recovery (nandroid) backup of your device!