• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ConorAndreou

Lurker
Oct 12, 2015
ey, basically I ****ed up my phone earlier and it took me nearly 5 hours to fix. I had to use kies 3 and recovery and shit like that. Anyway I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 which I bought from Argos UNLOCKED... Anyway, before I messed my phone up it would say "Samsung Galaxy S6 Powered by Android" and then it would do the Samsung animation and tune but ever since I did this reset thing on my phone it says "3" (Three.co.uk). This is a phone carrier in the UK. The phone itself is still unlocked but I just miss the Samsung Boot Animation and tune, is there anyway I could fix this so it's back to normal without rooting because rooting caused this whole problem. Thanks !

Yes dead easy, your phone has the wrong firmware on it. It has if it was bought SIM free from Argos (a UK store). Are you sure it didn't come bundled with a '3' pay as you go SIM? Did it come with '3' apps built in. It is possible that the phone is unlocked but '3' branded. It is very unusual for Kies 3 to restore branded firmware to an unbranded phone.

Dial *#1234# in the dialler and tell me what the three lines exactly state. This will tell us if your phone is branded or not and what firmware it should have. ThenThen we'll take it from there.

Upvote 0
Yes dead easy, your phone has the wrong firmware on it. It has if it was bought SIM free from Argos (a UK store). Are you sure it didn't come bundled with a '3' pay as you go SIM? Did it come with '3' apps built in. It is possible that the phone is unlocked but '3' branded. It is very unusual for Kies 3 to restore branded firmware to an unbranded phone.

Dial *#1234# in the dialler and tell me what the three lines exactly state. This will tell us if your phone is branded or not and what firmware it should have. ThenThen we'll take it from there.
Hey, when I bought the phone it didn't come bundled with any sim cards. The phone was sim free and it had no 3 bloatware. I just popped my EE sim in it and it was perfect. This is what the 3 lines say . . .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-13-18-23-05.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-13-18-23-05.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 46
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones