First charging of a new HTC WildFire - misleading info in manual

Last Updated:

1. mimirom

mimirom New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 16, 2010

I just bought a new WildFire today and when I came home in the afternoon, I took it out of the box and started reading the quick reference guide. The text starts on the very first page with something like this (I'm translating it here from Czech):

"Before you do anything else, do this:

Charge the battery.
    The battery in your phone hasn’t been charged yet. While your phone is charging, it’s important that you do not remove the battery pack. Doing so can damage your phone. Also, please don’t try to take your phone apart. (If you do, it may invalidate your warranty.)"

Ok, so I'm pluging the phone to the recharger and I'm leaving my home.

After some 4 - 5 hours I continue reading the very same quick reference guide and a few pages further it says, that I was supposed to first remove the back cover, then remove the battery, then remove a plastic film preventing the battery to have electric contact with the phone, then put the battery back, close the phone and then charge it for the first time. Well, surprise...

So my question is, could I damage the smartphone by having it for abou 5 or 6 hours plugged into the recharger, without the battery having contact with the phone? I mean the battery might well be a quite important component in the electrical circuit of the phone during charging.

Does anyone have some factual idea about this?

2. campioni06

campioni06 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010

[fade] Active Member

Sep 17, 2010
    I bought my wildfire in Vodafone shop in Brno, also got the instructions in Czech, just put it asside since my knowledge of the language is not so formidable.
    When i removed the battery cover to insert my sim card i noticed that plastic film which prevents the batter making contact with the phone has some dints made by the phone connections, but it looked ok and battery made no contact.
    If the phone works ok, then there should not be anything to worry about.