• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First download of Lollipop was installed today.....why????

DFRI

Lurker
Jan 1, 2012
This morning as I was on my phone, the first download for Lollipop started and finished downloading. G900VVRU1ANK7.

I have "Do not auto-update apps" checked in the Play Store. Not sure why the first software update went through. I've been getting the message to update every morning, but I keep putting it off.

Can anyone suggest what what I need to do to keep the final update for Lollipop from happening???

Thanks a lot for any help. Samsung.Lollipop.update.jpg

Oh boy, do I have a long tale of woe for you.... :thinking::thinking:

I have been fighting against allowing LolliFlop to download from Verizon since the 1st day they let it fly out of the Wolf's den... for me, it is that bad. I am Pastel Color Blind and that POS 5.0 stuff is abominable.

Be that as it may, you cannot resist The Force, so just bow down and acknowledge that Darth Vader and Company will tell you what is good for you, regardless of whether you want it or not.

I noticed 5.0 downloading, pulled the battery, did FDR and reinstalled all of my apps again.... 36 hours that took, seems that Backups regardless of how well you think you have them backed up, are all Liars.... same as those Lawyers on TV, they all speak with a Forked Tongue.

About an hour after I thought my phone was "repaired" and back on 4.4.4, and with WiFi turned OFF, and the phone's System Updates set to WiFi ONLY....... Verizon ignored all of that horse pucky and forced another download onto my phone....

Okay, Verizon has decided in their Infinite Wisdom, that I shall never be able to use DATA or WiFi because if I do, within 5 seconds 5.0 starts downloading again……..

Now I have a telephone with a built-in calculator, or in other words, the damn thing is Bricked because I am not going to be allowed to access the Internet UNLESS 5.0 IS INSTALLED. Darth Vader has declared that the Force will be my Boss…. Piss on VZW, I hate their guts.

I got hit with a baseball bat, or was it Darth Vader's light sword? Irregardless, either I allow LolliFLOP to install, or my phone is bricked….

So, I pulled down my drawers, bent over and allowed that POS stuff to be inserted. (I'm full of metaphors, but I am pissed)…

It is done now, and you might as well get on with the show and let it happen because you cannot prevent it…. UNLESS YOU ROOT THE PHONE.

I might root my phone yet, but it has only been two days since I was screwed with this crap…… I am going to let it simmer for a month and rethink all of this….. but in the end, I do see my phone getting rooted…. I control what happens in my house (usually, ask the wife :rolleyes: ) as long as it goes along with SWMBO….. that is an acronym for "She Who Must Be Obeyed"

I have one very important piece of advice.... Power the phone off, and remove the extSDcard.
Then allow the upgrade to take place. I have read of too many folks ending up with a bad upgrade, one guy's phone is bricked, can't access it at all.....

After the LolliFlop is installed and seems to be working, ie, you have allowed it to upgrade all of the apps it finds on the phone, power it off, restart it and then power it off again.... Now you can insert the extSDcard...

My SDcard is back in the phone, all of the stuff I stored there is still healthy.... and Life Moves On regardless of your/my wishes.... dead or alive, the world will continue without either of us.

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail, Qi wireless equipped
MacroDroid can help extend battery life
MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
MacroDroid senses Screen UnLock, turns Data ON
PureVPN when using a public WiFi

Last edited:
Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones