• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help First Droid X, rebooting problem

McGreggor

Lurker
Jan 13, 2011
I've had my Droid X for not even a week and I got the dreaded rebooting problem. I've tried all the given tips for fixing the problem, the only one that half worked was formatting the SD Card.

But here is an odd coincidence I've noticed. It only does it when the 3G is turned on. If I leave the wireless turned on, no reboots. If I turn it off, reboot. Is it me, or is this just too odd?

I'm gonna take it in and hope its a dud phone.

Exchanged it today for another Droid X, and when I explained it to the sales rep at Wal-mart's Verizon kiosk, he informed me that I wasn't the first to return one with this problem. What was really funny was my phone rebooted on him at least 5 times while I explained. And funny enough a Verizon rep was there as well so I got to explain the problem to her. She seemed quite flabbergasted at the issue as well as other issues people are having. I mentioned this site and she said she's look into it, weather she will or not who knows.

For now my new Droid X hasn't rebooted once since I got it 9 hours ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones