• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First Experience With ROOT

AdubC

Lurker
Jul 18, 2010
I have just installed Gingerbread with root access. This is my first experience with root. How will I know if i've installed everything correctly? What can I do with root? Everything seems to be running ok...I would just like to get the most I can out of 'root'. Thanks in advance...im a total newbie!

When you flashed Gingerbread, you had to root froyo first didn't you?

If you've flashed Gingerbread and your phone boots up, then you've done everything correctly. If you didn't do something correctly you would know straight away because you would get stuck in a bootloop. And trust me, them ain't fun. ;)

It's pretty straight forward. Just go into menu/settings/about phone and scroll down and so long as you've done everything right is should say 'Android Version 2.3.3' and you're golden.

Now when you're browsing the Market you can download any of the root apps you come across and they'll work since the version you downloaded is already rooted (so far as you've said anyhow). Upon opening them the first time you'll see a skull and cross bones, a countdown timer from 10, and a little something about 'do you accept yada yada'... just hit 'YES'.

That's all you need to do. It's just asking you if you want to give that app superuser access. The answer... of course you do. If you didn't, you wouldn't have downloaded it. lol :D

Have fun.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones