First full work day battery report

Last Updated:

1. SteveJobCutLine4myLiver

SteveJobCutLine4myLiver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i fully charged the phone over night and unplugged it at 10 am.
    4hrs of pandora streaming (3hrs on 3G and 1hr on wifi)
    30 mins of web surfing
    30 mins playing with maps and checking traffic.
    downloaded 2 dozen games and apps.

finally got low battery warning around 9:30 pm. so 11.5 hrs of use. but i was sweating the last hour while coming back from work. it'd be nice if seido sells some extended 1750 MaH battery:D

Advertisement
  2. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

Considering what you put it through, that doesn't sound bad.

3. thinkblue

thinkblue Member

Out of curiosity, where did you get your Aria? And for what price?

4. SteveJobCutLine4myLiver

Bestbuy for 130

btw, 100mb day. i don't expect to use that much data.

thinkblue likes this.
  5. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

yea i put mine through i guess moderate use... 12 hrs of wifi light web browsing and music player running and about 9 hours of standby left me with about 9% battery left. no cell radio on btw (signal is intentionaly blocked where i work) Shouldnt the battery improve a little over the next few charges?

6. kirbo20

kirbo20 Well-Known Member

Did you actually turn off your cell radio or did you just not have signal?

7. kirbo20

kirbo20 Well-Known Member

I did about 1 hour of web browsing, probably 100 messages (txt, email, Google talk) 20 minutes of calls. 20 minutes of music and 20 minutes of sling player and I was at 40% by 9pm and i started my day at 8am. All this was on 3G. I'm pretty impressed.

8. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

I know the battery life on my wife's Backflip improved after some charges. It also seems to have improved greatly after their update. I think I read that HTC is going to push an update that will improve battery life on Sense based devices as well. So it seems once that comes the battery life on the Aria will be ridiculous.

9. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

I turned it off... our building has some lead covering or something, pretty much blocks off all the signal except for verizon who actually put like a mini tower in the building lol. nasa antics blah

10. CartOverlord

CartOverlord Active Member

did you have backround data on for all your apps and everything? my battery got eaten from noon to 5 pm yesterday (first day) completely, although under rather ridiculous use

11. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

yea non of the mid-higher end smart phones will last a whole day under extremely heavy use (at least non I know of) ~6 hours sounds right under extreme use... im conistantly geting about 20-24 hours between charge on mid to light usage (couple emails browse ~10 webpages, listen to music ~3 hours make a few calls, rest is in standby)

12. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

I went the whole day on a single charge on my Aria. Although, I wouldn't call myself a HEAVY user. About average. Most of my usage is the browser and facebook.

13. SteveJobCutLine4myLiver

i had everything turned on except the GPS. the battery isn't that bad for moderate users. but for bandwidth hog like myself could use a cheap extra battery to carry around or one of those extended battery from innocell would be nice.

14. CartOverlord

CartOverlord Active Member

well i realized mostly my problem was like any new android user, i went and downloaded a bunch of apps right away, and then realized once i got around to finding a battery saving app that almost all of them continued to run in the background and eat my battery. yesterday i made it the whole day no problem!

15. Raria

Raria New Member

New phone/multiple recharges: Use during the day, plug in overnight. First couple of days battery was only good for 8-9hrs. Checked batt. status; Andriod using 85%+. Made sense after realizing app downloads and configs, constant syncing, software updates, etc. Day 5 and batt meter says 92% after 3 hrs. BT/Wi-Fi Off.