First image of the Samsung Moment2General

Last Updated:

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. bostonshaker

bostonshaker Active Member

It is the same on the Moment we have now.

3. Fonseca

Fonseca Well-Known Member

4. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

Really? Already? Cell phone technology is really starting to wear on me... lol

The big question is why did they change the freaking keyboard layout just as I am getting used to this one!

5. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest This Topic's Starter

6. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

same size screen?

7. globalninja

globalninja Well-Known Member

i like the darker color of it. And the screen looks to be the same size, but whhhyyyy Touchwiz argh. *Hopes it has a better processor* hopefully its a little thinner too. Hell i just got my first moment they are already releasing another one?!......argghh

Damn you samsung -_-

8. eldiablojefe

eldiablojefe Active Member

The comments on the page that links to makes my nose bleed. Here's a couple of choice ones:

"And TouchWiz 3.0, its probably the best UI ever made!"

"But i digress, I love samsung products but im frustrated this is my only Qwerty Android option with Sprint. More “Play” than Work…Moment is a Scion gimmie the Vette!"

Sigh.

9. munsterrr

munsterrr Well-Known Member

not to troll or anything but the EVO is the only thing i see in my future right now.

I love my momeny to death but i dont think ill get the second gen one. Unless of course it has something close the new galaxy specs because their 1ghz processor is nice.

10. creglenn

creglenn Well-Known Member

Yea the moment prolly wont be getting 2.1 since this one will ships with 2.1. I think the only way the moment gets 2.1 is if someone leaks it

11. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member

So you think the OP in the thread I'm linking to is full of s$$ and the pictures he took are fake?

Samsung Moment 2.1 - I have it - Android Central Forums

Why do you say that there isn't going to be a 2.1 release for the moment? I'ts been confirmed several times by Sprint that we are going to be seeing a 2.1 update.

12. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

Because he is probably used to getting the shaft from Motorola. "We're gonna update we're gonna update." Next generation phone comes out. "No we aren't updating because the next generation is out."

13. ydoucare

ydoucare Active Member

They've already announced that 2.1 will be released for the Moment and have stated they have been working on it. Accept it already, jeez.

14. sdho

sdho Member

kinda disappointed that the screen is not that much bigger

15. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

If it does have a 1ghz processor it may be an alternative to the evo... I just need a qwerty =(

16. Ms_Kady

Ms_Kady Well-Known Member

I hope it's not as bulky as the first one.

17. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

That was awfully quick. But lots of phones are getting some lustful features. Namingly Snapdragon CPU's, Super AMOLED screens, and 4G. With some dreaming my next phone will have those things in it's future. And because other Moments in beta have a DTV chip - I'm also including a wish for that too. Toss it all in a pot, blend it together and that's what I'd like to see as a Moment 2. (Oh, and Samsung, don't be too late with it's release so I can upgrade when the time comes!)

18. creglenn

creglenn Well-Known Member

yea they said it would come out but that could be next year for all they care. they never gave a date. plus they have already said that they are releasing a dtvversion of the moment and this "could" be it.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

19. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I hope this is 4G capable

20. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

said it in the wishlist thread. looks like a lame upgrade. Same basic phone. Same big bezel and screen. Why waste all that real estate especially in a phone that is supposed to showcase DTV? Figures they don't show a profile. It's probably just as thick and bulky considering the face is essentially the same. The rumored Galaxy Pro S would be an upgrade. This is just a waste and will drive more people to the Evo. What's worse it will just fuel the whole hard keyboards are overrated debate because it just won't sell if it's not a significant enough upgrade over the original Moment. HTC's lineup is already heavily weighted against keyboards. Outside of the TP2 and Tilt2, all of their new phones are slates including all of their Android phones (Eris, Hero, N1, Evo).

I just don't see how Samsung can have the Galaxy Pro out there and come up with a lame design like the Moment 2.

21. Eazail70x7

I like the design actually. But if it doesn't have an upgraded processor or anything truly improved, id be disappointed. You really wouldn't be able to call it the moment 2. More like Moment 1.2 or moment plus...

22. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

It's not actual design, it's the fact that it's pretty much just a very mild tweak of the original. You're showcasing new tech and you use the same tired screen size when all these other phones are stretching to the limits of the phone case. It's like...do something to set the phone apart. Outside of the Droid they are the only other US Android phone with a keyboard, and this is what they show, especially after they shows us something like the Galaxy? It's a major let down and will just reinforce the Evo as the Android device to get on Sprint. You'll have the Evo and N1 with 480p screens and then there will be the Moment 2. Sorry, but no. If I'm going for the fullscreen touchscreen experience I'm not settling for less than a 3.6" 480p screen especially in a phone that's going on its second generation.

23. Eazail70x7

I guess there's always the 3rd generation moment lol

24. setset

setset Member

Im curious to see the spec sheet. Visually, the Moment2 does not look like much of an upgrade. More like a remix. Notice how they switched the sprint and samsung logo. By the looks of it, Im not impressed.

25. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Agreed. I hope they really beef it up so it can compete with the evo 4g. Even without 4g radio, same spec would be great. If they made it the same as evo, but with the dtv, and qwerty,

(No front camera and no 4g)

I would take the moment 2.