• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First image of the Samsung Moment2

S

SoFLO

sprint-moment2.jpg

The keyboard looks nice although I'm wondering why do they have a directional pad on the keyboard and a trackpad?

It's going to have the TouchWiz 3.0 UI instead of the plain Google Experience.

Images of Sprint’s Samsung Moment2 leaked Boy Genius Report

The comments on the page that links to makes my nose bleed. Here's a couple of choice ones:

"And TouchWiz 3.0, its probably the best UI ever made!"

"But i digress, I love samsung products but im frustrated this is my only Qwerty Android option with Sprint. More “Play” than Work…Moment is a Scion gimmie the Vette!"

Sigh.

Upvote 0
Yea the moment prolly wont be getting 2.1 since this one will ships with 2.1. I think the only way the moment gets 2.1 is if someone leaks it

So you think the OP in the thread I'm linking to is full of s$$ and the pictures he took are fake?

Samsung Moment 2.1 - I have it - Android Central Forums

Why do you say that there isn't going to be a 2.1 release for the moment? I'ts been confirmed several times by Sprint that we are going to be seeing a 2.1 update.

Upvote 0
That was awfully quick. But lots of phones are getting some lustful features. Namingly Snapdragon CPU's, Super AMOLED screens, and 4G. With some dreaming my next phone will have those things in it's future. And because other Moments in beta have a DTV chip - I'm also including a wish for that too. Toss it all in a pot, blend it together and that's what I'd like to see as a Moment 2. (Oh, and Samsung, don't be too late with it's release so I can upgrade when the time comes!)

Upvote 0
said it in the wishlist thread. looks like a lame upgrade. Same basic phone. Same big bezel and screen. Why waste all that real estate especially in a phone that is supposed to showcase DTV? Figures they don't show a profile. It's probably just as thick and bulky considering the face is essentially the same. The rumored Galaxy Pro S would be an upgrade. This is just a waste and will drive more people to the Evo. What's worse it will just fuel the whole hard keyboards are overrated debate because it just won't sell if it's not a significant enough upgrade over the original Moment. HTC's lineup is already heavily weighted against keyboards. Outside of the TP2 and Tilt2, all of their new phones are slates including all of their Android phones (Eris, Hero, N1, Evo).

I just don't see how Samsung can have the Galaxy Pro out there and come up with a lame design like the Moment 2.

Upvote 0
It's not actual design, it's the fact that it's pretty much just a very mild tweak of the original. You're showcasing new tech and you use the same tired screen size when all these other phones are stretching to the limits of the phone case. It's like...do something to set the phone apart. Outside of the Droid they are the only other US Android phone with a keyboard, and this is what they show, especially after they shows us something like the Galaxy? It's a major let down and will just reinforce the Evo as the Android device to get on Sprint. You'll have the Evo and N1 with 480p screens and then there will be the Moment 2. Sorry, but no. If I'm going for the fullscreen touchscreen experience I'm not settling for less than a 3.6" 480p screen especially in a phone that's going on its second generation.

Upvote 0
Im curious to see the spec sheet. Visually, the Moment2 does not look like much of an upgrade. More like a remix. Notice how they switched the sprint and samsung logo. By the looks of it, Im not impressed.

Agreed. I hope they really beef it up so it can compete with the evo 4g. Even without 4g radio, same spec would be great. If they made it the same as evo, but with the dtv, and qwerty,

(No front camera and no 4g)

I would take the moment 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones