First Impressions by mobile-reviewGeneral

1. R4yleigh

R4yleigh Member

Hi folks
    i found a little preview on mobile-review.com and i think it is quite good to get first impressions but i dont know how reliable mobile-review is as a source

Mobile-review.com LG Optimus Black: First Impressions

at the end of the article the price is stated for 350

Advertisement
    :
  2. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

3. R4yleigh

R4yleigh Member

4. Bmerz

Bmerz Well-Known Member

If AndroidSpin is correct, then T-Mobile will get the O-Black, and AT&T will get the O-2X.

AndroidSPIN T-Mobile and AT&T to get new Android phones from LG?
  5. jinwons

Thanks for the link. They don't state the source of those cards they saw. So I'm not sure of their claim. But if it's true, AT&T seems to get two dual core phones this year, O-2X and Motorola Atrix. I personally hope 2X goes to T-mobile because it's the first carrier I am considering in case I'm leaving Verizon in the future.
  6. Andood

Andood New Member

This phone truly lives up to the hype when it comes to the screen brightness. The Super AMOLED looks hazy at best compared to this. But you cannot really compare the two. The Samsung S-AMOLED screen is a toatally different technology it purposely has a dimmer look as it kills the battery faster when there is more white on the screen. However on dark screens with lots of colour it looks great.

The Nova display is more of an all rounder looks good when White and Dark and battery consumtion of the display is uniform across the board.

A better comparison should be to the Retina display which uses the same ICD-LCD technology. and from what I have seen of both displays in the flesh. The Optimus Black surpasses the IPhone. Black does have the Mediocre 1GHz Processor but I hear it will be priced at a poin much lower that that of the IPhone and Galaxy S. Keep a look out for it on caps as low as the 29 ;)
  7. R4yleigh

R4yleigh Member

Does anyone know if the black has an hdmi output?
    some spec sheet say it has one but until now i havent seen it in any videos because none of them really got into the design Oo
  8. jinwons

There was a post on phonearena.com comparing Optimus Black to Galaxy S and it was apparent that black background color was O-black's major weakness compared to super AMOLED. Black color on O-black was grainy, noisy looking whiel Galaxy S's black was absolutely black. It's funny because this phone's name is Black. But for white and other colors O-black was very nice.