• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First Impressions by mobile-review

This forum has been quiet lately. Now this comparison video popped up in phonearena.com.

Video compares LG's Nova display and Samsung's Super AMOLED screen - Phone Arena

Looks pretty good. Still there are two many unknowns. Detailed spec on CPU, memory, and the U.S carriers getting it. I wonder if Revolution is Verizon version of Black or not.

If AndroidSpin is correct, then T-Mobile will get the O-Black, and AT&T will get the O-2X.

AndroidSPIN T-Mobile and AT&T to get new Android phones from LG?

Upvote 0
If AndroidSpin is correct, then T-Mobile will get the O-Black, and AT&T will get the O-2X.

AndroidSPIN T-Mobile and AT&T to get new Android phones from LG?

Thanks for the link. They don't state the source of those cards they saw. So I'm not sure of their claim. But if it's true, AT&T seems to get two dual core phones this year, O-2X and Motorola Atrix. I personally hope 2X goes to T-mobile because it's the first carrier I am considering in case I'm leaving Verizon in the future.

Upvote 0
This phone truly lives up to the hype when it comes to the screen brightness. The Super AMOLED looks hazy at best compared to this. But you cannot really compare the two. The Samsung S-AMOLED screen is a toatally different technology it purposely has a dimmer look as it kills the battery faster when there is more white on the screen. However on dark screens with lots of colour it looks great.

The Nova display is more of an all rounder looks good when White and Dark and battery consumtion of the display is uniform across the board.

A better comparison should be to the Retina display which uses the same ICD-LCD technology. and from what I have seen of both displays in the flesh. The Optimus Black surpasses the IPhone. Black does have the Mediocre 1GHz Processor but I hear it will be priced at a poin much lower that that of the IPhone and Galaxy S. Keep a look out for it on caps as low as the 29 ;)

Upvote 0
There was a post on phonearena.com comparing Optimus Black to Galaxy S and it was apparent that black background color was O-black's major weakness compared to super AMOLED. Black color on O-black was grainy, noisy looking whiel Galaxy S's black was absolutely black. It's funny because this phone's name is Black. But for white and other colors O-black was very nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones