First Impressions on Battery LifeGeneral

Last Updated:

1. AcePuppy

AcePuppy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had the phone for almost a day now and well it almost needs to be charged. It has sat on standby for nearly 24 hours other then maybe a whole 1 hour worth of time of using it, maybe 2 and I'm going to say by 6pm it will need to be recharged. The phone is great, but the battery just doesn't cut it. I wonder if the extended battery will fit with the snap on cases. Already have the snap on, but would be a deal breaker if it didn't work with an extended battery.

Advertisement
  2. ImJuztJ

ImJuztJ New Member

3. AcePuppy

I'll wait to see how much the extended battery is first and if it fits with the current cases.

4. Droidboy850

Droidboy850 Well-Known Member

Doesn't fit with the snap on cases.

5. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

May just need to work in the battery. I've noticed most of my LiIon battery devices need a month or so of work in to reach full strength...

6. cruzan1

cruzan1 Member

I charged mine all night last night and it is already in the RED at 1:30 today. I was using it pretty heavily this morning though.

I think I remember the same with my last phone... hopefully you're right.

7. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

It takes at least 5 full cycles of draining and charging to get to full battery life. Then you have to take necessary steps to disable unnecessary things.

Ugh stop posting these stupid battery issues there is a STICKY and you guys sound like *****.

SMART PHONES HAVE BAD BATTERY LIFE GET OVER IT

8. AcePuppy

Don't believe everything you read. The "5 full cycles of draining and charging to get to full battery life" is almost complete bullshit. Lithium-ion batteries like partial charges, you can read this on the web. Even "if" if this was to work breaking in a 1350mah battery would give you what 10-20% more life, so an extra couple of hours? And yes I know smartphones have bad battery life, I've owned 3 in the past and have a work phone that has the same problem Instead of being an ass, how about being helpful instead of being a "****".

9. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

the thing is, for most of u this will be the case. its a new toy, your going to be using it alot the first few days. either way im going to have a charger in the car, at home and work. battery is the least of my issues.

10. zaCh™

zaCh™ Member

Have you guys checked this out? It's the nexus one but I figure it should help with the Incredible since it's basically the same device.

YouTube - Get Better Battery Life

Edit: Ahh, didn't realize this was a root-only app. Still, once the phone is rooted, this should help ease everyone's pain.

11. marcelob

marcelob Well-Known Member

Oh shucks, my Ferrari gets low MPG, maybe I should return it.

You show me a phone as powerful and as small as the Incredible with "good" battery life, and I'll show you a picture of my new $30,000 private jet that is identical to a Learjet 60.

12. trojanchick99

trojanchick99 Well-Known Member

The battery drained quickly yesterday as I was fiddling with it constantly, however today it's doing much better. It will be fine for normal use, but I will be needing an extra battery for heavy use days where I won't have access to a charger.

I'd get an extended battery but I love my snap on case too much.

13. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

I know, and I wish people would stop posting these techniques to break in the battery. It's like refilling your glass a few times to increase its capacity.