First Impressions & Sample Pics... Just Got One!

1. rob

rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

So I just got the Samsung Galaxy Camera as a review unit and did some quick first impressions:
    Samsung Galaxy Camera preview, photos, and video

Absolutely LOVE it in the short time I've used it and the picture quality seems awesome. I'm probably going to buy one for myself but will wait until I do a full review so I can be sure it's worth the $500.

I'll follow back up with the review link!

Advertisement
  2. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

If you are feeling adventurous, try installing the Camera app I'm working on for doing book scanning and see if it can take a 16MP image or if (like the Nikon S800c) it is limited to 8MP by the Camera API calls:

Andy Scan

(of course, it isn't a very refined easy to use app at the moment :).
  3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I tried to watch your vid but kept falling asleep. No, not saying it was putting me to sleep.....I was already practically there and should've never started.

I do have a question from the little I did see.....we're you impressed enough by it to actually own one of your own? Do you honestly think it's worth $500?
  4. crossmr

crossmr Well-Known Member

I just can't see it.
    If you want your photos to interact with android apps, use a eye-fi card. $500 is a steep price, you're already approaching lower-end DSLR prices at that point.
  5. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

We always here how well Samsung's phones sell. I wonder how sales of the camera are doing.
  6. jrmuller

jrmuller Member

So couple impressions.. First, free 2 years of Dropbox 60GB of storage awesome, instantly uploading my photos to Dropbox for access on any device awesome - replaces my EyeFi card by a long shot. Second, LTE and Android apps - 4 apps I love.. First, for shots at the airport Flight Radar 24 using the VR view you can track planes realtime through the viewfinder/camera. Second, Scanner Radio get the realtime Police/Fire scanner audio over your camera, Third, Skype making phone calls no issue, and then Fourth, Snapseed for editing on the spot. And they just nice to have instant email and IM notification with IM+ installed on it. Overall mixing the android with the camera I love it, and I'm a die hard IOS guy. Oh and the voice activated zoom, and "say cheese" automatic control is awesome. And a little know tip.. Install TeamViewer support app for Android, and you can control the camera and the android side of things from your PC, or Cellphone using the regular Teamviewer.. as a remote viewfinder and picture taker. Overall I'm impressed..
    ScandaLeX likes this.