first impressions

Last Updated:

1. finnaginagain

finnaginagain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I cant force close an app like ringdroid for some reason. i dont want to get a task killer but i cant force close stuff in battery usage. any help?

i Love this phone had it about half a day its awesome and the people who complain that battery life sucks..... PUT THE PHONE DOWN lol thats why it drains so fast.

not my first smartphone either

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Why not use a task killer?

I use advanced task killer free whenever I want to free up some memory. Just make sure in the settings to uncheck start at boot, and make sure atk itself is on the kill list when you kill.

3. finnaginagain

well i just didnt want it too kill something important like ive heard some of them do

4. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

A task killer will not kill anything important. It doesn't touch the core OS proccessed. Anything it displays can be killed no problem.

5. finnaginagain

gotcha yeah i love this damn phone so much

6. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Well-Known Member

That's only partially true. When you kill an app, it can get buggy if you have a running widget dependent on it's resources. This is especially true with Weatherbug. Several clock apps get buggy as well. All apps are not created equal. Just pay attention to what you are killing. Task killers will not brick your phone, but killing things that don't need to be killed can create bugs in things you depend on.

7. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Advanced task killer also allows you to exempt tasks from being killed when you use the "kill all" button."

8. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member

I used to have ATK installed, but frankly, I noticed that my phone ran just fine even without killing anything. Tasks that are idle seem to take up no memory/battery/CPU. Killing specific apps can be accomplished via Setting - Applications menu, or via something like Astro. I uninstalled ATK long time ago, not really missing it.