first impressions

Last Updated:

1. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Pros: Wow, the screen jumps right at you. I installed 30 apps in about 5 minutes. No lag at all. My 4g is getting 3.5 down and 1.3 up. I'm in the suburbs of Dallas/ft worth. No lag during texts or calls. Typing on forums has very very little lag. Very thin and easy to hold. Very sturdy feel. All glass front look great

Cons: the rear of the phone isn't entirely flush. I'm being super anal but its slightly pedruding on back left of camera. All phone were like this as i asked everyone there. Not a deal breaker but I want perfection. I'll have a case anyways. Cannot find handcent! Noticed my ear getting a little sore while talking to due to Sharp top edges. Hand cramped a little while playing with it for about 45min. That's all.

I'm being super picky. All in all this phone is blazing fast, thin, and really pops out at you. I'm so scared ill drop it! Get this phone!

Advertisement
  2. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

the headphone jack doesn't work on mine lol

3. rdegk15

rdegk15 Well-Known Member

Thats no good.

as for your cons, after 45 minutes of meesing around on anything im sure your hands with start to cramp.. so not to big of a deal there.

4. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

You sure? I noticed on mine that I had to push the jack in deep for it to work.

5. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

I did a battery pull and fixed that headphone jack. The phone is getting overworked I guess :)

6. rjjr2531

Oh none of my cons are big deals at all! This thing fits so nice in my pocket too. Bc its so wide,it doesn't fall sideways in my pocket which is something I didn't think about. Already used auxiliary in car and sounds perfect . No light leakage. Lit buttons aren't a distraction. Ooo let me YouTube now. Hope everyone is have a great experience like me!

7. Clock

Clock Well-Known Member

My first impressions is that this thing is utterly ridiculous (coming from a WinMo phone).

Setting it up was a breeze, connecting it to my Exchange / Facebook accounts was a breeze, merging contacts was a breeze, figuring out SenseUI was a breeze.

It was well worth the wait.

8. rjjr2531

HTC Breeze..like it

9. audiofx2

audiofx2 Well-Known Member

The screen is actually smaller than I expected. How people were talking, I thought it would be much bigger.

I will have no trouble carrying it around.

10. kgc107

kgc107 Active Member

Yeah i had to push the headphone jack in pretty hard (thats what she said).

I was even able to listen to pandora through my car tape deck...

And my first impression:

My last phone:blackberry 8703

enough said..i love the evo!

rearrange !ove and you get evo!

11. AM2

AM2 Well-Known Member

how do you install your apps from appbrain onto the phone...i installed appbrain from the market, and i thought it would auto sync once i opened appbrain on my phone...do i have to do something special to make this happen....thanks

12. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member

This is my first post with the EVO and I will say it is going to take some time to get adjusted to the nine million different things it does and how it does them which is very different then the iphone.
    Other then that the phone is awesome.

13. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Dutch54 likes this.
  14. beoti

beoti Member

I'm with you on that...it took me forever to figure out how to set-up a wifi network once wifi turned on...thank god for manuals.

15. rjjr2531

cant login to qik. keeps saying not on network although everything else net related works. downloading skype on laptop and wanting to test fring...here we go...