First Issue - Camera Locks Up PhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Stubbs4Prez

Stubbs4Prez Member This Topic's Starter

I tried to do a search and didn't find an answer so I figured I would ask.

My Incredible just got updated to the 2.1-update1 firmware. When the update was installed all of my pictures stored on the phone were deleted. Now when I take a picture, most of the time, the phone will just show the picture I took on the screen but not allow me to to do anything (take another picture, share, delete, etc.) The only thing I can do to get the phone responsive again is to click the home screen button and then the click camera icon (repeatedly) until the camera is responsive again.

I tried switching the phone to save to the Micro SD card instead of the Phone memory but am still having the same problems.

I have also tried turning GEO-Tagging on and Off but that does not effect problem.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to be as detailed as possible,

Thanks,
    Tyler

Advertisement
  2. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

See below. try a reset, then try to duplicate; get it replaced if so...

http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-incredible/70659-severe-camera-problems.html

3. Stubbs4Prez

Stubbs4Prez Member This Topic's Starter

Thank You. That is exactly my problem. Is there any way I can close the thread so that I am not wasting anyone else time?

4. SilentJoker

SilentJoker New Member

I was actually having this problem alot almost every time I went to use the camera. Now that I dont close the camera app from Advanced Task Killer anymore the camera hasn't crashed or froze up since.

I would try that. It fixed my camera problems.